Yankees in HD on yes?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

baltchop

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 7, 2005
I'm new to the board and am in the NYC area. I get Yes Network in SD.

If I upgrade to HD, will I receive the Yankees games in HD?

I thought I would, but Direct TV tells me no.

Are they wrong?

Thanks.

Based on last year, only certain games were shown in HD (I believe the only HD game shown were against the Mets and Red Sox).

Cablevision basically has a stanglehold on the local HD markets in the NYC area (I'm in Bergen County, NJ). I was also hoping to get MSG HD and FSNY HD but its a no go for DTV.

I stand corrected, I forgot that home games were in HD. The above list was the exception where games could be away and still be in HD

YES was on HD for ALL Yankee home games and select away games (not all opponents broadcast their team in HD)

what channel is it? 94???

Directv swears the games are not on in HD. They told me it was being considered.

There is no assigned channel... It could be 94 or 95. DirecTv customer service will never tell you that they do transmit Yankees games in HD on channel 94 or 95. This is how they are for some unknown reason to me. Now does it mean that they will be Yankees games in HD next season. That I do not know. It is always a mystery. Wait until the season stars to make the upgrade and by the way Yankees games in HD were on DirecTv before Cablevision. Cablevision does not hold any stronghold on Yankees Network TV HD or SD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts