You Can Help! Add 3ABN to Dish

All the comments I read were against, including someone who took the effort to email the ceo email. :)

I can't see taking the time to fight something you have no clue about. I doubt many here have any idea what is on 3ABN. I have seen a few shows, including one by a "preacher" who argued that being a vegetarian was the right way to go - and who did a backflip on stage to prove it! Given the number of available channels, I think this would make a viable addition, though I have no real motivation to make it happen.

I can think of a lot of channels that would provide a much better "balance" to LOGO. I don't think this would be one of them. :)

Brad

Another reason for opposing this is the limited number of channels that can be carried. Carrying this channel means they cannot carry some other channel that might be of greater interest.

dougruss said:
a "No Thank You" is Hostile ?? Hmmmm....:eek:

Guess I was brought up wrong ?

OK, perhaps not EVERY answer, but I don't recall seeing anything else. Though I suppose a 7th Day Adventist station will have limited appeal amoung the general population, especially here. :)

Brad

andrews777 said:
It is amazing how many people are hostile to religious things.

Brad

About as amazing as how many religious people are hostile towards things that go against their religion. Perhaps they are reaping what they have sown? :)

I would be more than happy to send an email asking for them to add this channel, as soon as you send an email to them asking to add Logo. I'll support your request if you agree to support mine! :D :up

Slamminc11 said:
I would be more than happy to send an email asking for them to add this channel, as soon as you send an email to them asking to add Logo. I'll support your request if you agree to support mine! :D :up

Dish already has enough of LOGO's viewpoints represented by many channels (even HGTV these days), I have seen very little that is on 3ABN. :)

But then I am not a big fan of 3ABN, and I haven't even written in about it!

Brad

Religion isn't entertainent and has no place being crammed down peoples throats as a must carry in the basic package as the original poster indicated.

Add it a la carte and that is different.

Kryspy

If you want 3ABN so bad, hop on over to our FTA area. You can pick up 3ABN on AMC4 KU today! No need to wait or dream for that matter.

Instead of pushing to have it added back on to Dish Network why not suggest to all of the producers of such programming to get together to buy a satellite or atleast lease one and then have dish's and set top boxes made.

Kryspy said:
Religion isn't entertainent and has no place being crammed down peoples throats as a must carry in the basic package as the original poster indicated.

Add it a la carte and that is different.

Kryspy

Everything on the "must carry" package is "entertainment"? I don't think so....

The illogic continues....

Brad

I guess what I don't understand is 3ABN is free to air channel. Once you buy the equipment (and the OP has the equipment because he mentioned it in other threads) the channel is freeeeeeeeeeeee

so you want to spend a minimum of $30 a month when you can get the channel for freeeeeeeee (after buying the equipment for a couple hundred bucks). Makes no sense

The reasons that faith-based programmers don't just set up their own satellite/dish system and "leave the secular DBS providers alone":

1. Most faith programmers have their own vision, and it's rare that any two visions are the same. (The closest I can find is the cluster of apparently independently owned Adventist stations that have cooperated to share satellite space and help sell compatible FTA systems. Sky Angel could also be an example of this, but it's arguable whether their programmers really believe in SA*'s vision, or whether they just signed up because it was more distribution at minimal cost.)

2. Most faith programmers want their programming to be avaiable to whomever they perceive as the "great unwashed masses". Being on a primarily faith-based satellite system, particularly one that encrypts most of its channels, may not be very conducive to this goal. Being part of basic channel packages on secular DBS however, does at least mean they'll get some "channel flipper" traffic.

3. Without substantial cooperation, it is unlikely that any faith-based programmer would be able to actually launch a satellite or have its own receivers manufactured. The only economical alternative has been partnering with a secular service (as Sky Angel did) or using off the shelf FTA equipment (as Adventist networks, TBN Networks, etc. have been doing).

4. There may also be a tacit acknowledgement on the part of faith-based programmers that it's rather unlikely that anyone, even the most devout believers, would be willing to buy a package of programming that was primarily preaching and/or teaching of a given faith and not much else. Sky Angel itself has had to expand beyond the aforementioned subjects in order to attract a wider subscriber base. People primarily buy DBS for news and entertainment, so it would seem.

Iceberg said:
3ABN isnt on Sky Angel anymore. It got pulled due to the satellite frying part of the transponder.
Guess Allah has spoken!:)

Ah heck, it just started thundering, guess I'll stay inside, way inside.:rolleyes: :eek:

Well, at least everyone is free to speak and ask for what they would like to see.

After all, greggor48 and Charlie are in the same boat, they are both asking us for help. Greggor48 would like for us to ask Charlie to broadcast another station, while Charlie would like us to ask Greggor48 for help with the Federal judge.:hatsoff:

Me... As I said a couple of other times, I would be happy with just two shows - 3 channels, The Weather Channel and HNN, and then the TVGC.

Last edited:
In defence of 3ABN, they are more then just a preaching channel, and they do not constantly beg for money like some other but not all Christian channels. They do have programing like vegetarian cooking shows and other lifestyle shows that both non Christians and Christians from other denominations may enjoy and learn from. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)