You Think Charlie is the only one?

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
A few excerpts from an article that shows that Charlie Ergen is quite often unfairly criticized on this board by some who think he is the only one with tough tactics. As I've said before, all these companies sue each other and yank programming, not just Ergan. This is also a link to the full article for your amusement. Charlie is in good company.

Full Article:
Why NFL Network is stuck on the sidelines

Excerpts:

. . .But in the fall of 2005, sources said Tagliabue was receiving pressure from some NFL owners who did not want to sell the rights to Comcast. Roberts’ reputation as a difficult negotiator and some of his “my-way-or-the-highway” tactics irritated owners, the sources said. . .

. . . The NFL pulled its signal from Charter when the operator moved the channel to a sports tier. It sued Comcast after that company moved the channel to a sports tier. It also sued EchoStar when the satellite distributor moved NFL Network to a digital tier. . .

I love how it says echostar was sued when moving NFL network to a digital tier... all satellite is digital :p

I love how it says echostar was sued when moving NFL network to a digital tier... all satellite is digital :p

Yeah, I noticed that. These reporters work from such messy notes. I think it was probably an honest mistake, but even more likely one of those idiot editors put the word "digital" thinking he was improving the sentence or accuracy. You'd be surprised how often the reporters do some really honest writing and an editor ruins the piece and the reporter's reputation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)