0 skew for a BSC21-2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
Anybody know which way to point this lnb for zero skew? I am putting it on a 1.2 meter fortec offset dish and I dont see any reference to a straight up and down configuration. My motor will control the skew oncew it is setup. Also how important is the scaler ring for the c-band side? I saw some post that said it helped collect the signal,if so I will have to get creative with the mount.

The only skew setting info on my bsc621 was a little scale on the very end (where the ku rg6 connector is) that has a scale from -30 to 30. It doesn't really say what that means, or which way the scale should be pointed though (I'm sure it'd be obvious to those who know what they're doing!). I just made my "0" point straight down when the dish is pointed due south. It works okay, except that I'm only getting one polarity from my KU side right now (not sure if its because of skew or just because I need to tweak the dish more)

I read somewhere to point the arrow near the rear coax connector down. In my case with my big dish, I need -3 deg. skew for my most south satellite (using a dish pointing calculator) - which I did and this works fine.

In your case (using an offset dish), I think you should point your dish south, then point the arrow straight down.

Also in my case, I used the signal meter on my receiver to get the highest reading with a Ku signal. I rotated the LNBF clockwise/counter-clockwise then in further and out further. It was pretty much right on with the arrow at -3.

Thanks for the help. I will be setting it up tomorrow using my birdog meter. Just wanted a reference on the LNB so I wasn't searching for hours.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)