002 dilemma 522 receiver

omegadude

Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
south eastern washington
hi im new to this community but iv gone here before for another problem that i was able to search for but this one is a bit hard to word so i cant search for it.
here is my problem

522 receiver

i watch tv just fine for a bit then it gets all pixelated then the establishing connection screen pops up with a new transponder every time then it come up with and error 002 screen then the picture comes back then all is good for about five minutes then it does it again. some times it will go for about an hour or 2 without doing it then it will do it again i have a tech coming monday if you guys have any advice i would love to see it and i will also update my dilemma after monday

hi im new to this community but iv gone here before for another problem that i was able to search for but this one is a bit hard to word so i cant search for it.
here is my problem

522 receiver

i watch tv just fine for a bit then it gets all pixelated then the establishing connection screen pops up with a new transponder every time then it come up with and error 002 screen then the picture comes back then all is good for about five minutes then it does it again. some times it will go for about an hour or 2 without doing it then it will do it again i have a tech coming monday if you guys have any advice i would love to see it and i will also update my dilemma after monday

002 is listed in the 522 troubleshooting part of the owner's manual.There is something blocking the signal to the dish.;)

So to have a tech come out is the correct answer.

Could be several things, like loose/corroded connectors or the dish itself may be loose and out of alignment.
But swaying tree branches are the most common cause of what you describe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)