Please help me

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

petas

Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
vermont
Hello,

I have a problem receiving since i have moved my antennas to higher rooftop...

Everything seems OK, i have correctly oriented both my dishes on 110 and 119, the switch works fine and shows both LNB's, have checked all connectors and cable...
When i go into setup, i can see the signal bar for both satellites going up to at least 70 or 75, but the signal bar stays in RED, and says "not locked"...

I have tried everything and nothing will come in.

Does anyone have an idea what would be my problem?:eek:

What does the point dish screen when you actually run the check switch? Tell us everYthing on the screen

here are my informations, maybe you can help me find the trouble

Hello , Thanks for caring.

I have tried about everything, here are some of my finds...

i have tried both dish/lnb individually connected directly to the DP301 reciever , and both work OK and are correctly receiving 119 and 110 respectively.

when i install the JVI 35-DN34 switch and do a "checkswitch" , here is what happens:

InstallSummary.jpg

The switch gets recognized , and both sats also. And when i go to "details"...

DetailsDPfeed.jpg

Looks normal (do the letters "DP feed" mean a dishPro Lnb is detected?... i have tried with Legacy LNB's and this page says N/C not connected) so i guess this is normal.

But, when i go to the signal bars for each sat, i get this:

SignBar110.jpg

SignBar119.jpg

Signal is good on both sats , but stays "not locked" and keeps beeping...
Then i go to System Information, here it is:

SysInfo.jpg

i then check "details", for this:

LnbDrift.jpg

This screen shows "Lnb Drift detected" but i know the LNB's are fine and well oriented.

Sorry for maybe too much details, but i need to find a way to fix this...

Thank You for any help!

Pierre D
ohbfrank.gif

A lot of times, it can be as simple as a connector. Check ALL of them from dish to receiver. If the have suck out or look bad, change them. Try that and re-run the check switch. I would uncheck the "alternate" on the check switch screen too.

Sometimes just unplugging the receiver and waiting 15 minutes can clear up some issues. If you have tried the other suggestions do this too. Electronic equipment builds up a static charge, and unplugging it resets them. It sounds simple, but works suprisingly well.

I notice it says you're only getting odd transponders. You sure there isn't a splitter in-line? If not, I'd say your switch has gone awry or you have poor quality cable installed. Make sure you have rated RG-6 cable running from LNB to Switch to Receiver. If not it should be replaced.

What LNBs are you using? If you have just the one rec, have you tried other output ports on the switch? Dish switches really don't like to be connected/disconnected while powered. You may damaged just one port on it.

Also, "LNB drift detected" does not mean the dish is out of alignment , it generally indicates a hardware/cable problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)