015 Aquiring signal Error

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

slaw

Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Hi guys,

Sorry if this isn't the correct forum for this question, lots of choices !!

I have a Dish Network reciever ( #301 I think)) and when watching the picture will occassionally get pixelated and the audio will drop and then it will either come back or I get the 015 Aquiring signal error. I will get this error maybe every 5-10 minutes.

Here is what I have done so far;

1) I have run the onboard diagnostics (passed)

2) brought the cable for the second TV to this reciever and it still does it. (We have not been watching the second TV and that reciever has been screwed up for a while, bad disk drive).

3) checked signal strength (Sat 119 is at 112, Sat 110 is at 92)

4) went on roof, opened up coax connectors, cleaned barrels with a small brass brush

5) verified nothing on the Dual LNB

6) called the Dish help group (useless) but she did verify I have the uptodate software.

7) reset reciever by holding the power button 5 seconds

8) unplugged smart card, reinserted

9) unplugged reciever for 1 minute, reconnected

10) verified no trees in the way (have had dish for 8 years)

I am still having this problem. Any ideas before I call service ?

Thanks.

Dan

My brother in-law has Dish and lives down the street. He is willing to let me plug his 2nd receiver in at my house to see if it is a receiver problem or something else. He doesn't have HD(I don't either), will his NEW receiver be compatable with my duel LNB dish 500 that is about 5 years old ?

I am talking about a 10 minute switch to see and I will not plug the phone line in. Assuming it is my receiver than I can order a new one (for nothing apparently ??).

Thanks.

Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts