1/13/2010 1:30pm - Uplink Activity Report - 32 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
KWYB is apparently the Butte ABC and Fox affiliate and they're broadcasting on 18.2.

I am aware of that ;) Equity Broadcasting channels were on free to air so when Equity went bankrupt we knew where the stations went when they sold off the 50+ stations they owned ;)

Max Media bought the 3 remaining Fox stations in Montana. But since the towers were analog only and no digital facilites even dreamed up, Max said screw it and put the Fox on their subchannel

Does Linda just not know what she is talking about? It sounds like she is under the impression E* could broadcast it if they wanted to.

Dish has to sign the agreement with Max Media. The stations are not even uplinked so they can't broadcast them

Dish has to sign the agreement with Max Media. The stations are not even uplinked so they can't broadcast them

Based on "Linda"s response it sounds to me as though Dish has advised Max of the uplink issue, and a solution is not on the immediate horizon.

I don't know what Dish's policy is with regard to distribution of HD subchannels. Maybe Iceberg can inform us? My understanding is that multiple HD channels on a single broadcast band creates quality issues (due to inadequate bandwidth), but maybe that problem would be mitigated if Dish gets the signal hardwired directly from the station (i.e., pre-broadcast).

Regards,
Fitzie

We could hear some interesting news today... Check back here at the site after Noon Eastern... ;)
Like the fact that if you live in middle-of-nowhere, USA, you'll now be able to watch CSI NY in HD 'cause middle-of-nowhere CBS is now available in HD, channel 18 :D Seriously now, the reason for this comment is the fact that there's a Retailer chat today, fair statement?

Like the fact that if you live in middle-of-nowhere, USA, you'll now be able to watch CSI NY in HD 'cause middle-of-nowhere CBS is now available in HD, channel 18 :D

I'm hearing Bloom, KS HD locals could go live this week.

Based on "Linda"s response it sounds to me as though Dish has advised Max of the uplink issue, and a solution is not on the immediate horizon.

I don't know what Dish's policy is with regard to distribution of HD subchannels. Maybe Iceberg can inform us? My understanding is that multiple HD channels on a single broadcast band creates quality issues (due to inadequate bandwidth), but maybe that problem would be mitigated if Dish gets the signal hardwired directly from the station (i.e., pre-broadcast).

Regards,
Fitzie

Dish does carry certain Big Four subchannels in HD - CGEM (listed as XGEM) (Fox subchannel, Quincy IL) and KHQA-DT2 (ABC Quincy IL) are two of them. It's just a retrans consent issue <read: money and technical issues>.

i want Springfield ma locals,but unfortunately will never see them.Guess i am stuck "living" in Suffield CT for the time being.i wonder why they won't carry the locals here.maybe because cbs is a low power station and fox is a sub channel?