9/13/2010 8:06pm - Uplink Activity Report - 6 changes

D

DigiDish Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 9/13/2010 8:06pm - 6 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 09/12/2010 08:35A - 09/13/2010 08:05P

Channel Package Flag Changes:
400 - TENIS [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar11 110W TP 05 ConUS beam removed from free preview (A) (The Tennis Channel)
400 - TENIS [MPEG4 SD] - Nimiq5 72.7W TP 15 ConUS beam removed from free preview (A) (The Tennis Channel)
9442(400) - TENIS [MPEG4 HD] - Ciel-2 129W TP 29 ConUS beam removed from free preview (A) (The Tennis Channel)
9442(400) - TENIS [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar15 61.5W TP 31 ConUS beam removed from free preview (A) (The Tennis Channel)

Channel Renames:
9645(99) - RAGU - EchoStar11 110W TP 10 ConUS beam renamed to ITV (A) (FP)
9645(99) - RAGU - Nimiq5 72.7W TP 23 ConUS beam renamed to ITV (A) (FP)

Channels in the system: 7552
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers
(FP) = Free Preview

The Format and Layout of the SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is © Copyright 2010 SatelliteGuys.US and may not be republished without written permission from SatelliteGuys.US.

The SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is powered by Digiblur Technologies! - DigiDish v10.08.05

© 2010 - All Rights Reserved - SatelliteGuys Incorporated

Yes you should upgrade your package to include the Tennis channel. Look every time we are in free preview an important open or other event is happening. So, it must be that way all the time when we are not in free preview.

I still do not understand this logic.

It seems, at least on my receiver's All Channels list, that Dish not only cut off the free preview of The Tennis Channel, it also eliminated the HD version of The Tennis Channel completely. What's up with that? I certainly wouldn't upgrade from Silver to Gold to get a bunch of additional SD channels.

Here in metro-Denver, Comcast is selling their new HD package like hot cakes, mainly based on all the HD channels they now offer that Dish, in particular, doesn't offer. Our free HD for life won't be worth much at the rate Dish is losing HD channels and not adding popular channels that other service providers do (e.g., in metro-Denver; ION, The Mountain).

It seems, at least on my receiver's All Channels list, that Dish not only cut off the free preview of The Tennis Channel, it also eliminated the HD version of The Tennis Channel completely. What's up with that? I certainly wouldn't upgrade from Silver to Gold to get a bunch of additional SD channels.

Here in metro-Denver, Comcast is selling their new HD package like hot cakes, mainly based on all the HD channels they now offer that Dish, in particular, doesn't offer. Our free HD for life won't be worth much at the rate Dish is losing HD channels and not adding popular channels that other service providers do (e.g., in metro-Denver; ION, The Mountain).

Well I have the 250 package and the Tennis Channel sure is in HD, I just checked.
When you guys complain it would sure be good if you knew what you are talking about.

Well I have the 250 package and the Tennis Channel sure is in HD, I just checked.
When you guys complain it would sure be good if you knew what you are talking about.

Got a channel number there for Tennis HD, Mr. Attitude? My all channels list in metro-Denver has TENIS in SD at channel 400, but no listing for an HD version of the channel. Just above it at channel 401 is Golf in SD and Golf in HD.

Yes, I have it at 9442, but not at 400. I get the 129 bird.

When you don't subscribe to a channel (as I infer from your earlier post) Dish usually removes the mapdown to the SD channel number from the 9xxx range. Until a couple of months ago I never subscribed to Starz and I never had the HD mapdowns to 350 - 356 until I subscribed, so they removed the HD mapdown to 400 for you when the freeview was over, those of us subscribed still have TENIS HD on 400. Hope that helps.

When you don't subscribe to a channel (as I infer from your earlier post) Dish usually removes the mapdown to the SD channel number from the 9xxx range. Until a couple of months ago I never subscribed to Starz and I never had the HD mapdowns to 350 - 356 until I subscribed, so they removed the HD mapdown to 400 for you when the freeview was over, those of us subscribed still have TENIS HD on 400. Hope that helps.

Thanks. That explains it. I didn't know that Dish eliminated the mapdowns for unsubscribed channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)