1/19/2011 2:43pm - Uplink Activity Report - 112 changes

I wonder which group of waivers they will want? Dish, AAD or the grandfather we had before. Or maybe a whole new set!

Probably no waivers at all. Dish "serves" every DMA with locals. So, unless you have a title to an RV you will not be able to get distants unless Dish uses one to fill in a missing station in your DMA. Dish cannot give you a distant if there is a local affliate in your DMA, even if you live in a white area. This also assumes they continue to serve the RV market, but I do not see why they would not since these are on CONUS.

I needed no waivers because none of the stations are available on my zone in HD (Puerto Rico). I only had the 4 Chicago HD's. Actually ABC-HD is available here OTA but it is a low powered transmission. Will I be able to get the distant HD with this argument (that they are only available in SD in Puerto Rico)? Please tell me I will see the Super Bowl in HD!

9135(5) - WNGS [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 27 Spotbeam 09 (Mkt:Buffalo, NY-Springville, NY-RTN) (NA)
9135(5) - WNGS [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 13 Spotbeam 4 (Mkt:Buffalo, NY-Springville, NY-RTN) (NA)

They are actually now a "This TV" affiliate (not RTV)

you do realize Research TV is defunct? They went off the air in August

Maybe DIsh is purposely placing this in a spot that might be "easier" for folks who sub to it. Also frees up a channel spot

What I find curious is that they keep moving 739 BENFC around on 61.5 for the last month and still haven't turned it on - which does those of us LusoPack subscribers with EA setups and no access to 118 absolutely no good. - what's up with that, Dish ??? Putting it at that location is an excellent move now will somebody "flick the switch" please....(sounds better than change the flag).

Here's hoping we see this soon:
739 - BENFC [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar15 61.5W TP 06 ConUS beam to Echostar15 61.5W TP 21 ConUS beam (A)

Last edited:
5194(13) - WNYA [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 03 Spotbeam 3 (Mkt:Albany, NY-Pittsfield, MA-MY) (NA)

WNYA is on channel 51 (rf 13) - WNYT is channel 13 (rf-12) (NBC)

Dish can not seem to get the map downs correct for the Albany market They have never corrected the ION mapdown issue.

5194(13) - WNYA [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 03 Spotbeam 3 (Mkt:Albany, NY-Pittsfield, MA-MY) (NA)

Dish can not seem to get the map downs correct for the Albany market They have never corrected the ION mapdown issue.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if they will add WCWN HD.

interesting. The only time I've seen dish use the RF channel as mapdown is when a subchannel is carried. If the station went back to its old analog number then the subchannel gets the old RF #...otherwise they make up a mythical number :)

Example is Mankato, MN (down the road from me)
CBS is on 12-1 (RF12) and mapped to 12
Fox is 12-2 (RF12) but use to be on 38 so Fox shows as 38

So yeah you're right....Dish in your case screwed up the maps

WNYA is a strange channel. It is licensed to Pittsfield MA as a full power station, but the repeater station is near Albany. The Pittsfield channel is still analog 15, the Albany station is digital 51 (rf13), but on all cable systems in NY it is know as MY 4 Albany.

In the case of the ION station, it is channel 55 (rf 50), but Dish has it mapped down as 50, yet Dish guide for OTA 55 is correct.

Dave, I am really surprised they would uplink the HD of WNYA before WCWN. Obviously, WCWN is far more popular and has a lot more HD. The only thing I can think of is that WNYA has a strange connection to WWOR, since it shows both YES and WWOR coverage of Yankee games. Maybe this is somehow connected to the Dish Fox deal???? Either that or Charlie Ergen bought the Yankees and wants them to be seen in the capital region ;>

In the case of the ION station, it is channel 55 (rf 50), but Dish has it mapped down as 50, yet Dish guide for OTA 55 is correct.

With Ion if the station is owned by Ion (as in this case it is) all they are doing is remapping the national feed to what the "local" channel would be. Dish does that so they only need to carry one feed (on 72.7 for EA and 119 for WA) and they just remap it 25 times for each local market. Directv does the same thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)