1.2 meter prime* dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dxuall1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
mission,tx
what would be my luck as far as reception with a 1.2 meter prime * dish c/ku fta???? will it work with a c/ku lnbf????? will my motor handle the dish weigh??? (gs-120 hh motor) my location is deep south texas.thanks in advance.:up

It will work very well for the Ku-Band, and will pickup the stronger C-Band signals. I think the dish is heavy so I am not sure about the motor (I think some have modified the mount to reduce the weight)

I took off all the hardware from the dish and it is still kind of heavy. will the c/ku lnbf work on that dish?? like how many more channels transponers will i get extra I'am more interested in spanish channels. are there many spanish channels on c band??

I don't know what's on C-band, but here's a couple of lists from Global-CM.

There are three or four members running some C-band on 4' dishes.
They can give you a list of the hotter birds.
edit: here's one of our resident 4-foot-for-C-band proponents.

Some users with 6' dishes seem to do a lot better.
It'd apprently take 8' or so to run a 4DTV receiver on C-band and get the remainder of services.

Think it's more of a beamwidth problem, and adjacent birds interfering with the one you are pointed at.
And of course, satellite transponders with FEC like 7/8 don't have much margin for noise (interference), as would 3/4 or 1/2.

The subject has been discussed before, so you might find some more info with a search.

I don't think the LNB that the dish comes with will work for C-Band.

There are many (15 - 20 at least) strong Spanish channels on 113.0°W SatMex 6 & 116.8°W SatMex 5 (C-Band) for a 1.2 Meter dish to pick up, I wish :( they had English audio tracks so I could understand them :D

EDIT -
edit: here's one of our resident 4-foot-for-C-band proponents
HAHA!:D

midget abuse ?

Sorry, didn't mean to blow your cover, little guy. - :D

I think we should get all the little 4-foot-C-banders lined up against a wall . . .
. . . and interrogate them to find out what they know! - :cool:

what are the most strong c-band transponders on each satellite so I can look up on the list or lingsat for specific spanish channels. does anybody know any info?????

These are listed on TheList or Lyngsat:

113 C
3944 V 3700
3866 H 2933
3853 H 3255
3821 H 3255
3784 H 7813
3773 H 2875

116 C
3720 V 27000

There are more that are weak when my LNB is on the side (see the link above for image of what I mean) but are stronger when I have my C-Band LNB at the center focal point (I can't remember which ones) or they are feeds (I have seen many feeds on these two satellites).

thank you qwert1515 very informative. now i am going to be saving money to buy a c/ku lnbf for my 1.2 meter dish. In some of those transponders that you gave me I found 2 or 3 channels that I'am really interested in they are channels from monterrey mexico. the channel kmcc on g10r 123 w is from monterrey also and i like to watch news on those channels but kmcc laughling,nv and some other 15 channels are not working at least not in my receiver I think the trasponder is too weak right now. I hope it will continue working pretty soon. Any body else with extra info on this topic.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts