1.2 meters dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BINBEGGER

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 21, 2007
Hi all, I'm a newbie in this forum, sorry if I'm not posting under the correct side.
I have a new 1.2 meters dish , mounted in a US2100 motor, my problem is that the dish was damaged or bent during the shipment (I suspect it because I cannot get a better signal compared with the old 76 cm dish), I have tried a lot of things , moving the dish up and down, side to side, moving the lnb also and nothig seems to work..I want to know if I can repair this by my own, if so, the steps to follow in order to complete this fix.
Please advise.

Attachments

• untitled33.bmp
    600.1 KB · Views: 315
  • untitled55.bmp
    600.1 KB · Views: 261
Where exactly is the damage, I think it is on the edge but I can't tell.
Yes, the damage is in one side, I fixed myself with a little hammer :D, and seems to be fine at first sight, but I'm suspicious the dish is bent, someone in other forum advised to use a cord in order to know if the dish is bend, by noticing the gap in the center (please see the pictures), what do you think?
Best Regards.

Attachments

• untitled222.JPG
    untitled222.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 238
  • untitled333.JPG
    untitled333.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 265
  • untitled555.JPG
    untitled555.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 268
  • untitled4445.JPG
    untitled4445.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 242
  • untitled444.JPG
    untitled444.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 228
Well . . .
1). what sort of 1.2m dish is that? do you have link?
2). It looks like the heavy weight of the dish, hanging that far from the post, might flex it.
3). can you double check your post is plumb while swinging the dish through the arc?
4). it's difficult to tell from the low resolution pictures, but it looks like the strings you have crossing the front of the dish are touching.

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect very good signal strength using that primefocus lnb on a 1.2m offset dish. If that's a bsc621, I'd expect even less spectacular results since the ku side of that lnbf doesn't seem to be all that terrrific (or is way difficult to tune, at best)

lumpkin brings up a good point.
You should really use the same LNB you had on the 76cm dish, just to see if that helps.
Change just one thing at at time, if you can.

Well . . .
2). It looks like the heavy weight of the dish, hanging that far from the post, might flex it.
3). can you double check your post is plumb while swinging the dish through the arc?
4). it's difficult to tell from the low resolution pictures, but it looks like the strings you have crossing the front of the dish are touching.
Anole i think that is a digiwave 1.2 meter dish.

Well . . .
Thanks Anole, here are my comments:
1) I don't know what kind of dish it is (no marks or stickers), I got this locally (I'm in Mexico) , in a site similar to e.bay.
2) Not really, it is very light
3) Yes I checked and the dish is tracking the belt right, double check the plumbing.
4) Yes it is.

Best Regards..

lumpkin brings up a good point.
You should really use the same LNB you had on the 76cm dish, just to see if that helps.
Change just one thing at at time, if you can.
Yes, I used an Invacom Quad 0.3dB , originally in the 76cm dish, I will try with this and will post later..
Best Regards.

I wouldn't expect very good signal strength using that primefocus lnb on a 1.2m offset dish. If that's a bsc621, I'd expect even less spectacular results since the ku side of that lnbf doesn't seem to be all that terrrific (or is way difficult to tune, at best)
Yes Lumpkin , you're right...I tried with this primefocus LNBF BSC621 to get C and Ku band (in fact I got the EDUSAT channels in C Band with level of 60%) and the other channels in Ku band in the other satellites (AMC 101°, 97° , etc) but the level of quality was not very high, now that you mentioned this, I will try with an Invacom Quad 0.3 dB, and will let you know..

Thanks!!

Here again...

Hi all, There are news around here..I finally found that the LNB arm was bent for about 1 inch , so I just tweaked and it works better, the LNB is now placed 1 inch up.
But I have to remove the 1.2 meter dish because the motor (US2100) is very weak and cannot return to west when I move to 45 W, the dish is very heavy...
Another reason is that I cannot find the G10R satellite :mad:. In general I'm not satisfied with the performance of this 1.2 m dish, in fact, the smaller dish of 76cm performs better.
I return to the little 76 cms dish and works pretty well with the US2100 motor, all sats came in very easily from 87° to 121° W, and that's enough for me for now.
I think I'm going to scrap that 1.2 m "#$#"% dish :D

Best Regards.

Don't scrap the 1.2m just yet. Just store it in the garage and try it once again some other day. I am getting amazing results using my 1.2m dish on both C and KU band.

By the looks of this dish it should work with a SG2100 H-H motor very well, especially due to it's light weight.

Don't scrap the 1.2m just yet. Just store it in the garage and try it once again some other day. I am getting amazing results using my 1.2m dish on both C and KU band.
Thanks Popcorn , I have been reading about your testing and I will try later with this dish.
Best Regards.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)