1/2 of 110 dissappeared...

jynxsee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Sitting and watching the Golf channel and suddenly at 5 to 10, *poof*. :( Gone. I'm not seeing any signal on any transponder under 22 on the 110 slot. Somone else also posted an issue on the other forum. :)

Don't get me started... :no My 105 has been out since Monday (they think it's the switch, I hesitate to agree). Guy came this morning and replaced the switch (and CUT AND REMOVED my ground wires! :mad: ), it worked again. Gone all day, came back and watched a long-ago DVR'ed movie, which I finished at 10... lo and behold, when I exited the DVR list I had signal problems again (couldn't acquire signal). Check switch showed the same problems. Went out to check the connections. Unplugged the receiver sat lines (522) and power, waited, plugged all back in, and check switch now seems to work. 10:20 or so. So hopefully my problem was yours, but I don't know.

It was reported that there was a severe storm at the Gilbert uplink center, so 110 lost part of its uplink for a while.

They are big, but the uplink is still Ku not C band I think (yes I know the downlink is Ku). It still would have to have been a whopper of a storm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)