1/2 off of premiun channels

You can check the My Offers tab when you sign into your DISH account online. It should be listed there although many members, including myself, have learned of offers on here and had them awarded to us by DIRT / CSRs.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Last chat I had with a CSR online, I was offered 3 months free Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, Encore, Heartland and Multi Sports.
They are also available at half price for 6 months, but I prefer 3 months free.
HBO was at 1/2 price for 6 months. No possible way to get HBO for 3 months free.
Seems they have also yanked all promotions for Playboy, for a while it was also free for 3 months.

You realize that getting 3 months free is the same as 1/2 off for 6 months if you usually keep the premiums, right? :)

I've usually found that discounts are easy the dumber you sound, and I'm good at that!! A little self-deprecation doesn't seem to hurt either! :)
?

You realize that getting 3 months free is the same as 1/2 off for 6 months if you usually keep the premiums, right? :)

I've usually found that discounts are easy the dumber you sound, and I'm good at that!! A little self-deprecation doesn't seem to hurt either! :)
?
Here's my math: 3 months free = Out of pocket 0$
6 months of 1/2 price = approx. 40$ out of pocket (depending on which premium).
Yes, I will only get 3 months instead of 6, but chances are they will offer it again when I contact chat, so another 3 months at 0$ out of pocket.
They have been offering these premiums free for 3 months for over 2 yrs now, just gotta ask for it.

They aren't offering it free for everyone right now. I asked if I could get HBO free at all and I was only offered it for half off which seems to be the deal everyone is getting. Now, if I threatened to cancel maybe I could've gotten it free but I don't feel the need for threats.

As I posted earlier, ENCORE, STARZ, CINEMAX, SHOWTIME, MULTI SPORTS, HEARTLAND are all available 3 months free if you ask.
HBO and Playboy are no longer available on 3 months free.

They aren't offering it free for everyone right now. I asked if I could get HBO free at all and I was only offered it for half off which seems to be the deal everyone is getting. Now, if I threatened to cancel maybe I could've gotten it free but I don't feel the need for threats.

I had this offer. Went to take it off....but the csr told I can have it for 6 more months at half...so took it for hbo go

I had this offer. Went to take it off....but the csr told I can have it for 6 more months at half...so took it for hbo go

Just with the HBO GO mobile app, (not dishanywhere) was better it. Pretty bad.

A few months ago, when Dish was planning on raising Hopper fees less than a year after initial release, I decided to act proactively and called to cancel the AEP and drop to AT200 with HBO/SHO/BB@H and told the CSR that I was doing it to protest the fee increases. The CSR offered me 4 premiums at half price for 6 months so I took it. It never hurts to call and ask. In the end Dish decided to only raise Hopper fees on new subs so I ended saving a few hundred bucks and only lost 1 or 2 channels that were infrequently watched in the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts