Buy Joey's?

jmcnyc

Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
New York
I get charged $5 per month per Joey - I have two and want 4. Does Dish have any other option versus renting them? Can they be bought?

Yes, they can be purchased, but you'll still incur the same monthly fees. That fee is $7 per month per Joey. If you want 4, you'll need another Hopper. I believe 3 is the limit per Hopper.

how can you avoid a monthly fee for the Joey's? I have a TV in a guest room that is used maybe once a month. I cant justify paying $7 per month for a Joey. Any other options to get service in this room? I dont need all the bells and whistles - just live TV.

If you buy a Joey you can activate it and deactivate it when needed (keeps from having to send it back), you should only get prorated charges for the time it is active.

Do you have a link that provides instructions for this? This looks interesting. Would it allow the two TVs to watch different programs?

Do you have a link that provides instructions for this? This looks interesting. Would it allow the two TVs to watch different programs?
No mirroring means they are looking at the same program. You could use a TV antenna for the limited use TV or you could switch back to cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts