1/25/2012 5:46pm - Uplink Activity Report - 90 changes

Dish needs to remove Ch 271,272, 273( you know univision ,Telefutura ,Galavision ) from their ENGLISH packages I hate paying for stuff I dont watch ,at least the sports channels get watched when I have company over.

well then if you're going to play THAT card Dish should remove all the "wifebeater" and "man-hater" networks from my account because its just me here at the house
I dont watch Lifetime, Lifetime Movie, Oprah Network, etc.

but until Ala-Carte is a realization there are channels that will be in packages that you, me, or anybody else dont want. Simple solution......set up a favorites or lock out channels

I dont understand why people are having a hissy fit over a local being added in HD. It only affects that market.

So as example if they added Univision in HD to the Minneapolis market (wont happen as we have only a low powered Univision affiliate here) before they added say CW or the local Indy station in HD then I'd have an argument. But since its stations being added in areas that I dont care about I just go on with my day :)

I dont understand why people are having a hissy fit over a local being added in HD. It only affects that market.

So as example if they added Univision in HD to the Minneapolis market (wont happen as we have only a low powered Univision affiliate here) before they added say CW or the local Indy station in HD then I'd have an argument. But since its stations being added in areas that I dont care about I just go on with my day :)

The one poster has a little different agenda. For most people that is exactly what they would do. To put it another way, when I see more Spanish programming being added I really don't give it a second thought. Good for those who watch it. Making it seem like it is taking away somehow to something you are entitled to is quite different unless in fact it really did.

Last edited:
The one poster has a little different agenda. For most people that is exactly what they would do.

I agree. I looked at the locals for 2 things
-to make sure one of my locals doesnt have a CONUS TP channel showing up (ie: channel being pulled soon)
-to see if I see KBJR-DT2 show up (they are the My affiliate and show lots of high school and college hockey games) :)

well then if you're going to play THAT card Dish should remove all the "wifebeater" and "man-hater" networks from my account because its just me here at the house
I dont watch Lifetime, Lifetime Movie, Oprah Network, etc.

but until Ala-Carte is a realization there are channels that will be in packages that you, me, or anybody else dont want. Simple solution......set up a favorites or lock out channels

I really can't believe that you ICEBERG, don't like The Battered B---h channel or Okra Windbag. Because your picture makes you look so sensitive.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is very interesting...DISH now carries EVERY OTA HD channel in my (real) DMA, including ALL 3 PBS's. (our local MNT WCIX-49 is NOT broadcast in HD, & probably never will, since it shares the same bandwidth with WCIA-CBS HD, on BOTH channels) As small as DMA as we are, not only am I surprised DISH did this in our DMA, but that it happened THIS quickly!

And DirecTV is still missing PBS WEIU-51 in HD currently.

BUT, DISH still has NO PBS's in HD in Chicago...even though they have 3 PBS's total, & carry ALL the other major nets + IND WCIU-26 in HD - go figure! :eek:

So BOWL TV is now available, with a place card, in HD and SD. The program guide shows the KNBC lineup. Maybe they will be showing the Superbowl there for those without a local or local in HD??

CH 9852

So BOWL TV is now available, with a place card, in HD and SD. The program guide shows the KNBC lineup. Maybe they will be showing the Superbowl there for those without a local or local in HD??

CH 9852
I am thinking the same thing, although I am not sure how they are allowed to do this legally, unless they got a special exemption from NBC directly.

That would be the only way I can figure. It is one of the NBC owned channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)