Status
Please reply by conversation.

saidias

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
1.2M Primestar on SG2100

1.2M Primestar Dish

Well, after reading all the differnet posts in reguards to mounting a P* dish to a SG2100, I have completed my first attempt

I made an adapter which mounts the 36" P* mount to the 1.2M. Its a smaller mount which weighs less. I used plywood, but plan remake with aluminum at some poin in time which will decrease the weigt even more.

I also used the PVC method for adapting the dish mount to the motor tube. A piece of 1.5" and a peice of 2" PVC with slits cut in them. I also had to cut off the lip on the tube mount to allow the bolts to tighten down.

The motor seems to be doing great. Not under any additional load.

I am not super pleased with the reception though. It doesn't seem awhole lot better than my Winegard 33". I don't know if the LNB needs to be tweeked to match the focal point. If anyone has any comment PLS reply.

Here are some photos.

Attachments

• DSCF0906.JPG
    DSCF0906.JPG
    263.1 KB · Views: 306
  • DSCF0907.JPG
    DSCF0907.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 296
  • DSCF0908.JPG
    DSCF0908.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCF0909.JPG
    DSCF0909.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 261
Man that DirecTV Phase III dish sure looks small beside the 1.2m dish.

I NEED to get me one of them!

I would make sure the LNBF is as FAR away from the reflector (in the holder) as possible.

Great work!

I have ALWAYS said the Winegard dish works better than many slightly bigger dish!

Nice job on that SG2100.. most i've adapted was a 1m Winegard to mine which is a bit more heavier then your 1.2m dish.

Props for ya :clap

Still not super pleased with signal quality...maybe I was expected more than what I got. It doesn't seem to appear to be much better than my 76cm Winegard.

The mount is GREAT. Yesturday we have 30-40mph winds and I had no movement! I can't wait to replce the plywood adapter with a metal version.

Well, its been a week with the Primestar 1.2 mounted to the sg2100. I would have to say im pleased! Once I got it all tweeked, I am happy with the reception. Getting 60% + on everything eccept the few transponders that are just weak! (G10R 11720).

Will keep you posted when I add my C Band LNBF how the C Band reception is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)