(1) 722, (1) 501 -- should I be charged the $6 account DVR Service fee ?

D

dishburgh

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 13, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
If the first receiver on the account is fee-less, and my second receiver is a (grandfathered fee-less dvr) 501, should I be charged an account DVR service fee of $6 ?

JohnL

JohnL

Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 23, 2003
Spencerport, NY
The first receiver is lease fee-less only. I have one receiver total, and get a DVR fee.

HDRoberts,

While the DVR Fee would be free if the 501 was the primary Receiver on your account the 722 as a secondary fee would be $17 dollars. I'd suggest you eat the $6 DVR fee as the fees with the 722 as the secondary receiver would cost you more money.

John

HDRoberts

HDRoberts

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 13, 2008
Cleveland, OH
HDRoberts,

While the DVR Fee would be free if the 501 was the primary Receiver on your account the 722 as a secondary fee would be $17 dollars. I'd suggest you eat the $6 DVR fee as the fees with the 722 as the secondary receiver would cost you more money.

John

I'm not the OP:)

M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
its $6 regardless of how many DVR's are on the account...the 501 & 508 are exempt if its the ONLY receiver on the account

Dish VIP

Dish VIP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 28, 2006
Reno DMA
HDRoberts,

John

:confused:

Don't know what that is all about.

To the OP, your 722 is the primary receiver no matter what. If for some reason you are billed otherwise, you need to call Dish right away! There are no additional receiver fees for the primary, and the primary is always the box that would incur the highest additional receiver fee.

The 501 is charged $7 additional receiver fee as a Solo non-DVR.

In addition to your programming and additional receiver fee, there is a single $6 DVR fee if you have any DVR on your account. While it is true that the 501 does not count as a DVR, the 722 DuoDVR absolutely does!

Hope this just plain clears everything up!!;)

J

johnpas73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jul 25, 2007
Indianapolis
If the first receiver on the account is fee-less, and my second receiver is a (grandfathered fee-less dvr) 501, should I be charged an account DVR service fee of $6 ?

Already been said.
You have a DVR, you pay $6/month. :eureka:

jrbdmb

jrbdmb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 5, 2004
Unless you own only 501s or 508s or are grandfathered somehow, any DVR on the account will incur the DVR fee. (Since my 722 was a forced replacement of the 721, I haven't yet been charged a DVR fee, but i know that could change at any time.)

BTW ... has Charlie ever explained / justified charging $3 a month more per DVR receiver, and then plopping a $6 DVR fee on top of that?

D

dishburgh

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 13, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
BTW ... has Charlie ever explained / justified charging $3 a month more per DVR receiver, and then plopping a $6 DVR fee on top of that?

It's simple! He needs the extra money to offset the reduction in fees effort that was just announced. ;)