1 meter primestar dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nibbb

Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
defguniak springs fl
I have recently acquired a meter primestar dish. I have a viewsat ultra and an ultra lite will this combine and wich sat should I be on.Anyone have any ideas or is it all junk.

Lots of folks using Primestar dishes. Some using Viewsats of various flavors, not the best STB in my opinion, but it will work.

As far as which satellite to be on, you must decide what you want to watch before you can make that call. Look over "the list"

Regards, Eric

some folks have put Primestar dishes on a fixed dish so that they can go to that satellite quickly. Others have used it for RTV on 83W since its a weaker signal

If you cant motor over to 30W (Hispasat) folks have aimed a dish at that. Also saves on the motor as the nearest KU sat is 40+ degrees away

ok

Hispasat is mainly Spanish channels but they do have some interesting stuff there. Seen movies in English with spanish subtitles on it

I agree that a 1m Primestar is prime real estate.
As for the LNB and feedhorn, the original ones should do a good job.
The local oscillator frequency is 10750, standard.

If they are missing, any regular LNBF can be pressed into service.
That round dish matches the feed of regular LNBF's, where as the elliptical dishes are far more dependent on the original feedhorns to do well.

30° west:

Well, from De Funiak Springs, FLA, the elevation is about 20 degrees.
Your dish has an up-look of around 24-26 degrees, so the rim of the dish will be tilted a tiny bit forward, and downward.
Also, you need around 50 degrees of skew. If you don't dial that in, you won't get the bird.
Azimuth is about 111 degrees by the compass.

That bird is below my horizon , here in California. I -wish- I could get it.
From reports of everyone on the east half of the country, it's not that hard to receive.

I can pick it up here in MN on a 30" dish (and a 9 elevation)

20 elevation? pa-shaw...thats nothing :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)