1 Satellite input only?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

morgant6911

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
Is there a way I can run only 1 Sat in line to my 522 if I just want to use the 1 TV tuner?

morgant6911 said:
Is there a way I can run only 1 Sat in line to my 522 if I just want to use the 1 TV tuner?

My 522 has been running in this configuration since it's initial install in February. I have been struggling to convince them to install it correctly with both a sat 1 and sat 2 input. See thread below.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=10518

There are things you can't do with only 1 sat line to a 522.

1. Operate a second TV from your 522 with viewing that is independent of TV1
2. Watch 1 thing on TV1 and record a second item different from what you are watching.

If you already have a 522 and are happy with 1 TV output and watching and recording the same thing then this should work. It's a shame not to take advantage of the 522's more advanced functions though. Did the install call for only 1 wire to the back of your 522 or did the installer not realize that it required two inputs to get it's full function? I'm curious because I have had three different installer's tell me that 1 wire to the back of a 522 is the norm.

Mine does support TV1 for watching and recording the same thing with only 1 wire hooked to the back of it.

cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts