1 Satellite input only?

morgant6911

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
Is there a way I can run only 1 Sat in line to my 522 if I just want to use the 1 TV tuner?

morgant6911 said:
Is there a way I can run only 1 Sat in line to my 522 if I just want to use the 1 TV tuner?

My 522 has been running in this configuration since it's initial install in February. I have been struggling to convince them to install it correctly with both a sat 1 and sat 2 input. See thread below.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=10518

There are things you can't do with only 1 sat line to a 522.

1. Operate a second TV from your 522 with viewing that is independent of TV1
2. Watch 1 thing on TV1 and record a second item different from what you are watching.

If you already have a 522 and are happy with 1 TV output and watching and recording the same thing then this should work. It's a shame not to take advantage of the 522's more advanced functions though. Did the install call for only 1 wire to the back of your 522 or did the installer not realize that it required two inputs to get it's full function? I'm curious because I have had three different installer's tell me that 1 wire to the back of a 522 is the norm.

Mine does support TV1 for watching and recording the same thing with only 1 wire hooked to the back of it.

cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts