1 vip612 & 3 vip211

alberto7valdez

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
hello

what dish(es) and or switch(es) and what type of lnb's would i need to look at 119, 110, and 61.5. i live in san diego and my understanding is that 61.5 is better than 129.... my house is wired with one cable per room, so i would like to avoid running two cables to the vip612. a little confused on the different types of dishes & different types of lnb's and switches etc...

thanks..... love this forum

You will need a DPP 44 switch to run 4 receivers with a single cable. As far as dishes and lnbs, you will need a DP Twin for 110/119 and a D500 dish. For 61.5, you could use a DP Dual or DP Single lnb with a D300 or D500.

can i use a dishpro plus twin lnb and connect the 61.5 into the "lnb in" port?... if i can, can i use a dual lnb for the 61.5 or does it have to be a dp dual or dp single. i think i'm understanding this stuff... many thanks

can i use a dishpro plus twin lnb and connect the 61.5 into the "lnb in" port?
Yes but... There are only 2 outputs on the DPP twin. That would leave out 2 of your 311's. You could replace two 311's with a 322, but that still leaves you down one receiver.
if i can, can i use a dual lnb for the 61.5 or does it have to be a dp dual or dp single.
DP single or DP dual, yes. Can't mix legacy (non-DishPro) LNBs or switches.