1 Week for a service call ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
Doesn't 1 week for someone to come out and replace a bad DP34 seem excessively long ?

Or if you had a local dealer instead of a national service company you might get better service. Remember you wanted that 800# rather than the guy down the street that you could walk into his store. Now your short sightedness means you wait for that service call.

Or if you had a local dealer instead of a national service company you might get better service. Remember you wanted that 800# rather than the guy down the street that you could walk into his store. Now your short sightedness means you wait for that service call.

Hardly i have been a dish net sub since 1996 I have bought all of my receivers outright until just recently. When i went through the CEO office and asked what kind of Deal i could get on NEW HD equipment the last receiver i bought was a 942
no local installer would touch me because i wasn't a new sub. But the ERT took care of me Gave me 2 vip 722s and a VIP 211 for $49.99 Total and no contract.
They also just switched out one of my 721s for a new 625 and marked it owned in the sytem. So i have been very happy with the so called 800 # Just thought it was strange to take this long:rolleyes:

Doesn't 1 week for someone to come out and replace a bad DP34 seem excessively long ?

I'm sure there plenty busy installing new customers instead of taking care of existing customers.

They should reserve a portion of their scheduling queue for existing customers only so that they can get faster turnaround.

I'm sure there plenty busy installing new customers instead of taking care of existing customers.

They should reserve a portion of their scheduling queue for existing customers only so that they can get faster turnaround.

well, we do that at the rsp. but......for example here, you can suddenly lose 3-4 techs all at once and that changes the game for everyone. replacements take time. also there is something going on with overbooking at Dish - add that to the mix. some area retailers went belly up...tech call-ins, walk offs, job non-completes, blah blah blah. all the jobs are 200 miles away on and on.

it really ddoes depend on whats going on in your area in the industry.

I was give a 15 day wait on my last service call. Feel lucky. I knew it was the 622 Receiver but the CSR did not and refused to send me one.
15 days later a Technician come out and tells me I need another 622 Receiver.
It had to be shipped and I installed it myself.
The only good news was I did not have to pay the 15 dollar shipping charge.
I have been told a service call is worth only 30 dollars to the Technician. If thats true, Thats BS.

I was give a 15 day wait on my last service call. Feel lucky. I knew it was the 622 Receiver but the CSR did not and refused to send me one.
It had to be shipped and I installed it myself.
The only good news was I did not have to pay the 15 dollar shipping charge.
I have been told a service call is worth only 30 dollars to the Technician. If thats true, Thats BS.

its a sad tech indeed that rolls to a service call without having replacement equipment with him.

but yes, $30 for a service call and his fuel expense comes out of that. and thats IF its not a 90 day warranty roll back which is for free, even if its faulty equipment.

Had two service calls today.. Both called me this morning. Both had called dish and got a week to a week and a half wait for someone to come out. They were tickled to get me out there today to take care of them. so they would have TV this weekend. And my service call rate was less than what Dish quoted them.. Use your local dealer. For the first sale and afterwards. And when you want something done right the first time.

Tried they won't do it.

They WOULDN'T? If he/she was my agent, they'd get a reaming over that. If you have DHPP, they could've RA'D it. Ask them to do that next time, and if they don't ask to speak to a supervisor. That is unacceptable. We could even sell you one, although we rarely do as they cost more than sending a tech.

I understand your frustration about waiting for the tech. I felt bad for one customer I had call yesterday. He wouldn't get a tech until August 2. I offered to waive the charge for the tech due to the long wait, but he naturally was upset due to the wait. I felt bad for him, so what I did was also give him time with out service credit for that time period, and told him to contact a local retailer as the credit I gave him will cushion the cost of the retailer. Point is, there are techs who do understand, and I'm sorry you got one that maybe did not.

Had two service calls today.. Both called me this morning. Both had called dish and got a week to a week and a half wait for someone to come out. They were tickled to get me out there today to take care of them. so they would have TV this weekend. And my service call rate was less than what Dish quoted them.. Use your local dealer. For the first sale and afterwards. And when you want something done right the first time.
Sounds like you are one of the good ones, but I've heard horror stories about just the opposite.

What was the issue with the receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)