10/10/2012 3:47pm - Uplink Activity Report - 40 changes

The Fox station just changed from SD to HD a few days ago (the stations are on C-Band) so Dish probably dint have enough time to uplink it this week

The NBC station (WVGN) went HD on 10/1 and dish uplinked it on 10/3 so Nel is right with the "pretty soon" thing

Hi Everybody.

Just wondering???? Dish just uplinked WAPA2 in HD to Spotbeam 22 TP 5 right! So my first question is: How many HD channels fit on a TP? I am seeing that every other TP oriented towards PR has 7 channels; so I am assuming that 7 HD channels is the maximum capacity. So as of right now with this new uplinked channel TP 5 is full. Where is WSJX (FOX) HD going to be uplinked because if it is not uplinked to TP 5 PTAT is not going to work for PR. All 4 mayor networks have to be on the same TP for PTAT to work. So I would like to know Dish intentions are with this feature?

Minneapolis has 6 HD locals on one TP (129W TP13)
on Eastern Arc they have 6 HD and + 5 SD channels on the same TP

By the way, that TP has SEVEN HD channels right now...they put 9 channels on a HD conus TP so there is still room

9 HD channels so the same TP......big time compression of those channels & it will probably show up as artifacts on the screen. Lets see. Probably they will move 1 of the other HD channels to make room for Fox HD. Lets see what happens.

If you check out iceberg's list, you will see an open channel slot. 5152. Probably where fox will go as it is listed in order with other 3 networks already uplinked

Rumor......November 1st for availability for the networks

If you check out iceberg's list, you will see an open channel slot. 5152. Probably where fox will go as it is listed in order with other 3 networks already uplinked

correct
But your market is different. Normally with the HD numbering they use the same
5150 ABC
5151 CBS
5152 NBC
5153 FOX
5154 on is CW, My and others

The 1st two numbers may be different (like 5250) but that setup is usually the same. For your market they did 5149 for ABC...maybe because those other nets were in HD before the US nets were uplnked

Rumor......November 1st for availability for the networks

Wow....Nov 1....well...if its true...then we might have to wait for some more days...but atleast they are here....the networks in HD...because literally...the existing SD broadcast are CRAP. & then when they show any sports...the less said the better

MPEG2 was 12 SD (maybe 13 tops) or 2 maybe 3 on HD
MPEG4 is now like 9 HD...forget how many SD but like 30 or something

the existing SD broadcast are CRAP. & then when they show any sports...the less said the better
oh some of us know..... ;)
and to think....the C-Band folks can see the "masters" of those stations....so I shutter as to what they look like after being reuplinked by dish

I dont have hopper but I dont have OTA also.....I just cant put up another antenna up. I tried those small antennas...indoor types...& it can get couple of channels...& outdoor antenna is out of question. So I depends on my dish to watch my TV.

It appears that they are waiting for FoxHD to be uplinked also...so that they can turn all those locals HD plus the other ones (mostly from AT250) to make a big news here. Well....atleast there will be more HD channels to go around. Still disappointed that instead of SciHD..they are giving us Galavision HD...which had been blocked for PR subs for a long long time & only recently was unblocked.

Very true, give us The Science Channel and stop blocking it in HD, along with EPIX HD line-up.

Meetings were yesterday, continue today and tomorrow (depending on the region of the island). Only news is that they are turning available today all the new HD on the stream and that next month (November) Fox HD will be available.

Meetings were yesterday, continue today and tomorrow (depending on the region of the island). Only news is that they are turning available today all the new HD on the stream and that next month (November) Fox HD will be available.

If its true.....is a very very good news. I can wait for Fox HD....the playoff are not waiting....& cant wait to watch it on HD...tired of the permanent zoomed video.

papita, thanks! If they keep their word, this will be very big and good news. I have been checking the uplink report a few times daily.... can't wait till 5-6pm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)