10/14/2009 2:05pm - Uplink Activity Report - 73 changes

Is bell using this Sat?

Or is it actually owned by Bell and space leased out to dish??

I would love to get full Bell coverage down here in South Florida!

I know, wishful thinking.

Telesat owns the satellite. They leased it to Bell, who then leased it to DishNetwork. Currently DishNetwork has the lease of 16 transponders, and DirecTV has the lease of 16 transponders on their own satellite there. I doubt you'll see it used at all for Bell TV.

The Detroit HDs still live on 118.7 at channels 5132-5135.

Which is good for me. The receivers never handled having these channels on multiple satellites.

Correct. They moved them on the 118.7 sat, so folks that only had them coming from 118.7 that were not upgraded yet will call in and say "Where's my locals!?" They will setup an upgrade and tell them where to tune to get their locals temporarily. They will not be there long.

Dish website has been partially updated...main programming page still shows the old channels, but you can order the new channels as subscriptions. They are all the same price now. But there is NO mention of HD under the Hustler description. The SD and HD channels appear to have completely different programming. Can we assume that Hustler HD is PPV only?

Correct. They moved them on the 118.7 sat, so folks that only had them coming from 118.7 that were not upgraded yet will call in and say "Where's my locals!?" They will setup an upgrade and tell them where to tune to get their locals temporarily. They will not be there long.

Thanks for that information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts