10/26/2009 6:26am - Uplink Activity Report - 4 changes

D

DigiDish Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 10/26/2009 6:26am - 4 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 10/26/2009 06:10A - 10/26/2009 06:26A

Channel Renames:
5659 - KGMB - EchoStar10 110W TP 23 Spotbeam 47 renamed to KFVE (A) (H)(Honolulu, HI-CBS)
5671 - KFVE - EchoStar10 110W TP 23 Spotbeam 47 renamed to KGMB (A) (H)(Honolulu, HI-MY)
8901(9) - KGMB - EchoStar7 119W TP 09 Spotbeam 1 renamed to KFVE (A) (H)(Honolulu, HI-CBS)
8904(5) - KFVE - EchoStar7 119W TP 09 Spotbeam 1 renamed to KGMB (A) (H)(Honolulu, HI-MY)

Channels in the system: 6610
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

Need to flag this as a DVR alert for those in HI...all timers for those channels are now wrong including those for tonight's Monday night sitcom lineup.

Need to flag this as a DVR alert for those in HI...all timers for those channels are now wrong including those for tonight's Monday night sitcom lineup.

I'll have to check my timers, but it seems that this would be the most seamless way to do it without mixing up timers. If a certain show was set to record on KGMB CBS 5659, it would now record the same CBS show on the same 5659, but the call letters will now be KFVE. The timer should still fire properly if the timer is following the channel number and not the call letters.

I hope I'm right and don't need to re-do a bunch of timers.

I'll have to check my timers, but it seems that this would be the most seamless way to do it without mixing up timers. If a certain show was set to record on KGMB CBS 5659, it would now record the same CBS show on the same 5659, but the call letters will now be KFVE. The timer should still fire properly if the timer is following the channel number and not the call letters.

I hope I'm right and don't need to re-do a bunch of timers.

That would be correct except they flipped programming as well...it's not just a call letters change.

That would be correct except they flipped programming as well...it's not just a call letters change.

A guy could get a headache trying to sort this out. The bottom line is that existing timers for both channels in HD, SD and OTA HD need to be deleted and re-set. Thankfully, I only had one affected timer.

So I just checked my guide this morning and it appears they have now switched the channels back to their original channel numbers. WTF?

So I just checked my guide this morning and it appears they have now switched the channels back to their original channel numbers. WTF?

What a cluster$#%*. However, I think the dust may have settled. Check today's uplink and then let's re-do our timers again. The Hawaii locals are also mirrored on the 129 spotbeam per yesterday's uplink.

Big changes afoot. I'm guessing a future "one-dish (500h), two-bird e*14 @ 119/ceil2 spot @ 129 setup" for Hawaii. The great 119 conus coverage and not one but two Hawaii spots on e*14 would make that possible.

Fun fun...with your stations switching things between the two channels. When I read that article I thought i was messed up myself.

Fun fun...with your stations switching things between the two channels. When I read that article I thought i was messed up myself.

What's even more goofy is seeing the new combined newscasts, where the local morning news folks from one channel (KGMB) are now showing up on that one and one of the others (KHNL) in a simulcast with a combined station tag bug in the corner. Looks like it is all coming from the groovy new KHNL all-HD studio.