10/5/2012 4:32pm - Uplink Activity Report - 12 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
D

DigiDish Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 10/5/2012 4:32pm - 12 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 10/05/2012 04:16P - 10/05/2012 04:31P

Channel Additions:
6229(10) - DISH [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 10 ConUS beam (Mkt:Abilene, TX) (A) (H)
6229(10) - DISH [MPEG4 SD] added to Nimiq5 72.7W TP 14 ConUS beam (Mkt:Abilene, TX) (A) (H)
6235(10) - DISH [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 10 ConUS beam (Mkt:Abilene, TX) (A) (H)
6235(10) - DISH [MPEG4 SD] added to Nimiq5 72.7W TP 14 ConUS beam (Mkt:Abilene, TX) (A) (H)
6236(11) - DISH [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 10 ConUS beam (Mkt:Abilene, TX) (A) (H)
6237(10) - DISH [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 10 ConUS beam (Mkt:Abilene, TX) (A) (H)
6238(10) - DISH [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 10 ConUS beam (Mkt:Abilene, TX) (A) (H)
6238(10) - DISH [MPEG4 SD] added to Nimiq5 72.7W TP 14 ConUS beam (Mkt:Abilene, TX) (A) (H)

Channel Moves:
6225 - DISH [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar14 119W TP 14 ConUS beam to EchoStar11 110W TP 10 ConUS beam (Mkt:Abilene, TX) (A) (H)
6226 - DISH [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar14 119W TP 14 ConUS beam to EchoStar11 110W TP 10 ConUS beam (Mkt:Abilene, TX) (A) (H)
6227 - DISH [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar14 119W TP 14 ConUS beam to EchoStar11 110W TP 10 ConUS beam (Mkt:Abilene, TX) (A) (H)
6228 - DISH [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar14 119W TP 14 ConUS beam to EchoStar11 110W TP 10 ConUS beam (Mkt:Abilene, TX) (A) (H)

Channels in the system: 8697
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers
(FP) = Free Preview

The Format and Layout of the SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is © Copyright 2012 SatelliteGuys.US and may not be republished without written permission from SatelliteGuys.US.

The SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is powered by Digiblur Technologies! - DigiDish v12.09.27

© 2012 - All Rights Reserved - SatelliteGuys Incorporated

Those channel numbers for the HD channels usually are duplicated so you dont need that many

so if 3 markets use 6227 for a Gannett station you only need one "slate"

Dish can always add more slates. This is just the "Warmup stage"

So what happens if the stations are blacked out? Is there a legal work around whereby Dish can offer subscribers in that city a distant local until the issue is resolved? Or does the stupid FCC rule to "protect" the local affiliate stand, even when they are the ones who willingly pulled their own plug? I'll gladly put up with a network feed from another market rather than a slate.

"Stupid FCC rule" stands, I'm afraid.

I'm personally not hurting since I can receive WUSA OTA just fine. But I SURE WISH DISH would leave the *&^% guide data on the OTA channel. :rant:

"Stupid FCC rule" stands, I'm afraid.

I'm personally not hurting since I can receive WUSA OTA just fine. But I SURE WISH DISH would leave the *&^% guide data on the OTA channel. :rant:

I too, have OTA on my ViP 722, but that rule has got to go. The whole point of that rule is to protect the local affiliate by establishing an exclusive local territory (monopoly?) whereby no other station can encroach. But if Gannett chooses to willingly block viewers from accessing their service simply to make a point or to hold viewers hostage unless demands are met, one way to get around this is to bring in and O & O network station until this settles down.

This issue seems to pop up in different cites among different owners and cable providers as contracts expire. One way to keep things at bay would be to allow ALTERNATIVE Access when there are threats to pull the plug on viewers, who simply want to chill out and watch their favorite shows. Cable/Satellite companies are doing Gannet a big favor by including them in their lineup. That's 2 million more heads for Neilsen to count. Why should I pay more for that? Have you seen how few rooftop OTA antennas there are since broadcasting went digital?

(Sorry if this is a rant. I just feel that Gannett is being a tad greedy. If you want more bucks, charge more for your ads.)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts