10/9/2013 3:32pm - Uplink Activity Report - 53 changes

Oh, are you freaking kidding me! I just got Dish re-installed because of a move on 10/14 and don't understand why they just didn't install this version. ARGH!

If you are provisioned for the Lima locals, the HD ones will be there, assuming they are generally available.
Then unless a customer has installed an Eastern Arc dish themselves, they're not going to get the HD locals. As noted by soccer_mom above, even after the turn-on date, they're not setting people up on EA.

I just may get Lima HD locals before many of the people who live in Lima do. ;)

From someone who switched from Western to Eastern Arc only a year ago, I can tell you that the picture on eastern arc looks "crisper". It is not artifact-free, but it is more pleasing to my eye, especially on black & white programs and those shot in low light situations. Blues are truer. Reds noise-free (not artifact-free). And an hour-long program only takes 45 to 50 minutes of time as measured by my 622 receiver.

This applies to HD channels ONLY. I did not do a detailed comparison on SD channels when I switched. The tests are completely subjective, done via HDMI input on an Hitachi 42" Plasma TV

I thought we were having a discussion about the benefits of all-mpeg4... But since all HD channels have been mpeg4 for a long time, I guess you are saying that HD channels on EA gets more bandwidth than they do on WA. Is that a fair conclusion? Or maybe better statistical multiplexers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)