10 New Channel Prospects for Charley?

jpmarto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
E. of Seattle
Woot.com is selling today (10/6/08) a $4.99 Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote. Pretty nice deal.

But gosh darnit, as a maverick I need Charley to say it isn't so that he's not going to give us the 10 channels mentioned in the ad:

• DNN: The Depressing News Network
  • C-SPAN 3 (Adults Only)
  • TPTV: All Test Patterns, All The Time
  • The Mini-Golf Channel
  • F: The Foot Network
  • The Channel With Some Foreign Guy Yelling Over Soccer Highlights
  • XOS: The Xtreme Office Supplies Network
  • GGMSW-TV: Nothing But Golden Girls and Murder She Wrote
  • ESPN Chess
  • PreNatalTV: The Only Channel For Fetuses, By Fetuses
Heck, they're better some of the HD content I'm receivin' today. If I hear of any more worthy channels I'll get back to ya.

I notice the tongue planted firmly in the cheek, but I was just having this discussion with my wife recently so I'm jumping in. :)

I kinda laugh when I hear people talking about what channels they don't have. Now, to keep this in perspective, I'm 56 years old. I lived a whole lotta years with only 3 local stations coming in over an antenna. Now the locals include not only ABC, CBS and NBC, but also CW, FOX, PBS, and several others. All available over an antenna.

Now here's this satellite service.... and I've been a dish sub since before there were installers. They sent you everything in a box and you installed it yourself. And there's all these channel choices. I do have a few shows I like to watch, but all-in-all I get a WHOLE lot more done when I'm not watching TV. :)

We have America's Top 250 with HD, HBO, Cinemax, locals over satellite, locals OTA and..... how much freakin' TV can you WATCH? There are times when the wife is recording 3 things on the 622 and one more on the 508 in the bedroom.

Some of the channels you mentioned in your post look like channels I already see in the guide. :D

There's a lotta schlock in there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts