help adding 5th receiver

crc

Original poster
Nov 15, 2004
Hello,

Tried searching posts for a while but didn't see the info I was looking for.

I have a legacy quad lnb and a 322, a 301, and an older legacy receiver. I want to add another 301 that I have and I didn't know what was necessary to do it. Thanks in advance for your help.

There is several different ways of doing it.

(1) DP Adapter
(1) DP Quad
(1) DP34 Switch

DP Adapter would be needed for the legacy receiver, replace your legacy quad with the DP Quad. Two lines from dish to DP34, one line from new receiver back to DP Quad. Still have room for one more receiver if you want.

Thanks for the info. So it looks like I'll have to replace my lnb, add a switch, and maybe an adapter. Correct?

Switch to a DP Twin LNB and add a DPP44 switch. 1 line from the DPP44 would go to the 322 and 1 line from the other 3 ports goes to each of the single tuner receivers. The DPP44 is compatible with Legacy receivers and your 322 should have come with a separator.

Cost wise I'm thinking the DPP44 + DP Twin will supercede the DP Quad + DP34 + DP Adapter. Like I said earlier many different ways...

Edit:

Actually you could just get yourself a SW64 and that would be it, no extra LNB, adapter or ... probably even cheaper... already 4 lines coming from the dish into the house, use it for your odd + evens... just way outdated technology.

Cost wise I'm thinking the DPP44 + DP Twin will supercede the DP Quad + DP34 + DP Adapter. Like I said earlier many different ways...

Edit:

Actually you could just get yourself a SW64 and that would be it, no extra LNB, adapter or ... probably even cheaper... already 4 lines coming from the dish into the house, use it for your odd + evens... just way outdated technology.

RC you need a lot of education on Legacy switches a SW 64 means 6 inputs from 3 satellite locations going to 4 outputs. How is that going to help when he needs 5 Legacy inputs? If you go to the trouble of splitting Legacy LNBs and then combinning SW switches with voltage blocking couplers you run into 1 heck of a mess.

I am watching a seller on Ebay that has DPP44 switches new for $49.99 plus $19.99 shipping seems like there were 16 available. Add a DP Twin and you should be under $100. If he wants 5 tuners that is the most reliable cheapest in my estimation.:):):)

Naw, that's why I just came back to this... it hit me all of a sudden that I was wrong. Been awhile since I messed with a SW64 !!

I guess DPP44's have come down in price along way :)

Wow. Thanks for all the input. The legacy receiver is now eight+ years old and it's probably time to replace it. My plan now is to get a new DP receiver, a DP quad, and a DP34 switch. That should still leave me open for another receiver in the future. The 44 switch is probably my most cost effective option but would take me a little more time.

I was unaware that you could run a line from the DP quad straight to the receiver. I thought only the legacy quad did that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)