$10 off for 12 months "offer"

catnap1972

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 26, 2004
Central Pennsylvania
Just how long does one have to wait until this takes affect? The exec office said I qualified for it (since I was going to do a new commitment anyway with DIU) but still no sign of the credit since I spoke with them last month. Does it normally take this long?

No. It should show up with days of being offered the offer in your additional charges /credits since your last bill.

As the previous response stated, It should be in the "activity Since last statement" page, but may not show on your statement until your statement "cuts" for your next billing cycle.:D

how do you qualify for this?

Requires a 24 month commitment, perfect if anyone is planning on Dishing it Up and committing anyway.

After reading this thread, I checked my account and sure enough, no credit had been applied. Got into chat and the rep researched it for a few minutes and came back and said it had never been applied to my account. She was nice and I offered to retrieve the chat log regarding it. She said it was unnecessary and added it to my account. This is a month after my receiver upgrades so I guess it's going to cost me an extra month of commitment, but still worth it.

Just for the sake of argument I went to online chat about this offer. I had recently renewed my contract to get the 722, 4 months ago. The first CSR said I wasn't authorized for this promo, the second one said:

(03) Ethan B.: I understand that you wish to get the $10 credit for the next 12 months with a 24 month commitment.
Me: yes
(03) Ethan B.: For authentication, please verify the last 4 digits of your SSN.
Me: ****
(03) Ethan B.: Thank you for verification.
(03) Ethan B.: I have authorized this promotion on the account.
Me: great thanks
(03) Ethan B.: You will get the credits on the account from the next bill.
(03) Ethan B.: You're very welcome.

So I get $25 off (Club Dish credit), $22 (HBO/Showtime), and now the $10 hopefully. No complaints here :)

Credit wasn't applied to my account before for whatever reason, but I had chat add it to my account.

In response to MikeD...I already had the 24 month commitment from a DIU so it wasn't going to add any extra in my case (so why not get the $10 off). Don't exactly have much choice for programming around here--Dish, Directv, or the wired satan (Comcrap)

What I wonder about these commitments is this, we did not sign anything, can they really enforce them?

I did two or three promotions at around the same time because I figured what the heck, I was already under a commitment and it was not going to add another two years onto the first one, so might as well.

Now, in a way, I wish I hadn't because I am having other issues with Dish Network.

I signed up for this promotion about 6 months ago and promptly got some very bizarre adjustments on my bill. In the first month I got -$30 for 2x-$5 "Locals Adjustment" and 2x-$10 "HD and Platinum Adjustment" and then on my second month got some adjustments that weren't even whole numbers (and none of the adjustments were labeled for a "promotion" but were just random adjustments for other things on my bill). By the third month there were no adjustments on my bill.

I started a chat and was strongly assured by the rep that I was in fact getting all my promotions. Then I got busy and have had 3 more bills come in with no promotions on them so I finally chatted with them again.

Turns out the rep only signed me up for $10 off for 2 months instead of 12 and the new rep signed me up for another $10 for 12 months to fix it.

I'm curious how many of you that signed up for this had problems with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts