$100.00 upgrade fee?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gatorjay

Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
illinois
here is the deal, i have been a dish subscriber for 3 years now. i have always had the 625DVR with AT250 pack. only 2 TV's in the house. I am trying to upgrade to HD gold with my AT250 pack. , but the CSR want $100.00 for the vip722DVR .
I have 'chatted' with many online CSR's , and even emailed uncle charlie @dish. stating that a co-worker just upgraded to a vip722DVR , and has had the same AT250 as me, and just as long as a customer ..and he swears he received the vip722 for only $25.00

so is $100 bucks fair? am i asking too much? ~~jason

$100 dollars is fair. They go by how well you have paid and your credit score too.

Btw just noticed this is your first post....Welcome to the Site!!

the 722 is well worth $100, not to mention you'll get a free 're-install' of any sub-par cable, dish tuning, etc. when the tech arrives.
just think...400 hours of record time. love it!

$100 dollars is fair. They go by how well you have paid and your credit score too.

I second it. The 722 is quite a machine for $100 upgrade fee. Well worth it. By the time DISH gets it back, it will probably be worthless (obsolete), so you are essentially buying a device that is very expensive to make. I can't imagine that DISH makes money on the hardware.

Are you on creditcard autopay? That can help.

When I upgraded they waived the $50 install fee of the normal upgrade $100 fee ($50 for the receiver and $50 for the install.)

I called and complained about the install and got another $20 knocked off. (I ran my own cables.)

here is the deal, i have been a dish subscriber for 3 years now. i have always had the 625DVR with AT250 pack. only 2 TV's in the house. I am trying to upgrade to HD gold with my AT250 pack. , but the CSR want $100.00 for the vip722DVR ...
so is $100 bucks fair? am i asking too much? ~~jason

The CSR isn't the one that wants it, the computer system that he/she is using is what tells him/her what you are to be charged.
As far as fair goes, hell yea $100 is fair. I'd say it is more than fair!

I have to disagree. I don't think it's fair. I paid less than that over a year ago thanks to a promotion that was being run. But then again, if I was looking now, I'd also hold off on the upgrade in order to get a 722K or 922. The 722 won't be on the top of the heap for much longer. Just my 2 cents.

Don't make yourself feel like you're getting a bad deal. You in FACT are getting a good deal!! I've been a helluva long time Dish sub (over 10 years) and I've always been one to wait for a really good thing to come out. I'm still on my good ol trusty 501's if you know what that is. Bought one 501 and had a 501 given to me as a gift from Dish for subscriber converts. Had em for over 8 years(?) I believe. Still the original ones. Never had a problem with them at all (knocking on that big big aging oak wood)

When I decided to go for broke, I called Dish and tell em I was ready to go for HD Turbo Silver package along with 722, they wanted 200 dollars upfront. I told em I was a loyal customer, helped them pull in quite a few converts. Still no go...so hanged up and repeated the call to quite a few CSR's . Same ol story. Guess I'll just wait until some thing better comes along. Sucks to be a long time loyal sub since the 2000 models.

Anyways....hundred smackaroonies?? I'd be a callin faster than you can say WHA?

My 2 cents.

$.02 worth

If you have a SD system then can you install the new 3 hd dish that it takes for either arc. So really the $100 covers new equip & the install of a real pain to install dish.

If you have a SD system then can you install the new 3 hd dish that it takes for either arc. So really the $100 covers new equip & the install of a real pain to install dish.

I agree. It is always best to combine it with any other upgrades you might need or want.

I wouldn't pay $100. for the upgrade. I am in the same boat as I want to upgrade as well, but keep asking for supervisors and they should lower that $100. And if I do upgrade all depends on how they want to work with me. They are not the only satellite service out there.

Jeff

I wouldn't pay $100. for the upgrade. I am in the same boat as I want to upgrade as well, but keep asking for supervisors and they should lower that $100. And if I do upgrade all depends on how they want to work with me. They are not the only satellite service out there.

Jeff

True, and that is what they should say to you as well.
I'm guessing that in the long run that switch you might make is going to cost you more than $100...
It amazes me that people think they deserve it cheaper that what they are quoted. Like it doesn't cost Dish anything to make the equipment to begin with. You do understand part of what you pay to Dish (or Direct, or Comcast, or Time Warner, etc) goes to right!?!

Mine was 50.00 then Free !

I upgraded my Dishsystem last August from a 625 to a 722 HD DVR,of course they had to come out and put up new Dish,I was quoted 50.00 for everything,(I dont have the best credit,so that cant be only way they use to qualify you)I am on Auto pay so that might have something to do with it.
I didnt ask for any discounts that what was quoted to me.But here is where things got Sticky.I ended up having to wait thru 2 appointments (which they called me at last minute to reschedule,Hey if we have to give 24 hour notice to reschedule Install I expect same courtesy)Anyway the 3rd time Dish installer came out but couldnt do install because he didnt have proper equipment.At that point I got on phone and refused to be taken lightley,I wasnt rude but demanded to speak to Customer Retention.(By the way the special equipment was ordered a week previous)
Anyway after all was said and done I ended up getting a Free install plus free month of service.So if you are a good Customer call them up ask them what you can do to get a cheaper install as a long time Customer,if they refuse to give you better deal tell them you are going to call another provider,dont be rude just be calm and be ready to hang up.They dont want to lose you as a Customer .Hopefully you can get a good deal for New Install and new 722.Just hope you dont have to go thru the stress of what I did waiting for Installers to come out..

And as I have always said all these giveaways end up costing us all more money in higher rates. I don't understand how people can get so bent out of shape of having to pay $100 to upgrade to the top of the line HD DVR, especially when that also includes an installation of a new satellite antenna. It'd cost nearly $100 to buy the antenna itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)