wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
Re/code

Sources say at least 100,000 people have signed up to check out the $20-a-month service.

Link Below

I'm impressed Wow hats off to dish :)

The best part of slingtv is that they have a Louisville player on front lol.

I bet adding AMC and Epix really gets those numbers growing. I just switched mine over from the news add on to the hollywood one since I don't have Epix on Comcast. If/when they add BBC America it could really be a decent package for $20-$30 a month.

Reactions: TheKrell
Re/code: Sling TV has 100,000 subscribers in first month
Mar 5 2015, 18:55 ET | By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor

So far, Sling TV -- Dish Network's (NASDAQ:DISH) direct over-the-top subscription service streaming live TV for $20/month -- is turning out as popular as you would think "unbundled ESPN" might.
The service has been online just a month but has drawn 100,000 subscribers, Re/code reports.

http://seekingalpha.com/news/235087...r:66124386694f3b00ac54cbb331aadf2c#email_link

Huh. I would have expected many more! But you can't sneeze at a gross of $2M/mo, regardless.

I'm surprised they didn't start it off more low key, to work out bugs.

That article restates that if the Sling pack gets too popular that Espn can pull out of the ott service. I wonder how many subs would be considered too popular?

That article restates that if the Sling pack gets too popular that Espn can pull out of the ott service. I wonder how many subs would be considered too popular?

I would guess 10% of dish sat subs so about 1.4 million in a year also over 10 million subs would get the plug pulled I bet.

I think I read somewhere that the Turner deal had a 5 million cap where they could re-negotiate or something. I'd bet ESPN is even lower.

Exactly, remember it was free for 7 days, so of course a lot of people signed up to test it. Curious to see how many cancelled before or right after the 7 day trial was up.

I still have mine and it's like burning a $20 spot in the front yard. I don't watch that much.

I still have mine and it's like burning a $20 spot in the front yard. I don't watch that much.

Next to the tree? :)

I'm keeping it (for now) for A3 testing. Switched from news extra to the hollywood extra hoping Epix would have something I don't already have with Comcast and Netflix. Sofar seen everything on those channels and/or have it on Netflix.

If I didn't get the free Comcast TV I probably would get decent use out of Sling for personal.

This is nothing more than a toy for most people. Most took the free trial, and lots forgot to cancel.

We shall see the real numbers in a few months.

This should be free with your dish subscription if you already subscribe to the channels offered

If you already had the channels, why would you want them "again?"

Good schtick to get subs early, but as you say, time will tell.

That is pretty impressive to start. Their growth may increase beyond that as time goes on with increased popularity and referrals to the company.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)