Status
Please reply by conversation.

BubahJim

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
Bluefield, VA
Hi Guys,

Got a question or two for someone on the Forum who has the Fortec 100 cm dish. Cascade did a super review of the 120 cm dish. What is the experience of some of you guys with the 100 cm dish for ku or c band? Does the extra cost of the 120 cm that much better in performance than the 100 cm on ku or c band? Can you get anything on c band?

Thanks again for your responses and your time as always..

Bubahjim

Jim,

I think it all depends on your location. If you are in the mid-US the db would be stronger on certain satellites. It has also been said the with a 90cm dish a lot more feeds come available. I just recently upgraded from a 80cm to a 90cm. I've tried to tweek it the best way I know how. I get only marginal improvements.

BubahJim said:
Does the extra cost of the 120 cm that much better in performance than the 100 cm on ku or c band? Can you get anything on c band? Bubahjim

Bigger is better. That extra 20cm would mean the difference between a locked signal and getting none at all (on C-Band). If you are looking for the strong C-band feeds, a 120 cm would be the ultimate minimum size. Also, this is location dependent.

I and looking at maybe install a 120 cm in the spring. I need to take it off of the house and put it on a stand alone pole. This would allow me to see gr10 and maybe I would be able to get some C-band.

120 cm

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about it along the lines of your comments. I ordered the 120 cm antenna. It should get shipped out tomorrow to me according to my dealer. On my location I am in southwest Virginia next to the West Virginia border. Again thanks for the help.

Bubahjim

Status
Please reply by conversation.