100 CM Sadoun Dish - .4 Ku LNBF - Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MikeI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
My 2 new dishes came today. I put the 1st one together this afternoon. I took the AMC 9 Primestar dish down off the pole to replace this one before I go to SBS 6 for that dish. I put the dish on the pole and have moved the dish around for a half hour with nothing but white sparklies. I know a 2A high school football game from UPN 30 is on Tr 19 on Ku not to mention the mcbb game on G11. The lnbf works as dark sparklies comes on the TV when I disconnect the wire. I have now taken the splitters out I had with the P dish and just ran one wire to the digital receiver and another to a analog one. I've tried turning the lnbf, but nothing works. What's wrong?

Maybe its a Universal LNBF?

You would have to change the L.O. from 10750 to 9750-10600 if you are using a Standard LNBF right now?

Does the analog coax go into the ku input on the receiver?

I put the Primestar lnb at the spot that fits when put on the 100 centimeter Fortec dish and I get a signal for both analog and vertical. I put both lnbf's at the same spot that I just bought, no signal for analog or vertical.

Do universal lnbf's work for analog? Is the setting any different on a analog receiver?
Does the dish angle change if the primestar lnb worked at a set location and then you take out for the lnbf and that doesn't work for either analog or digital?

Just a thought, but Sadoun usually bundles the Fortec FSKUv .4 LNBF with their dishes. If this is a Fortec FSKUv LNBF, it is Universal, and you have to set it as a Universal LNB in your configuration. On an analog receiver, I don't know how you'd do that... You need 22khz tone injection, so you could slave the analog receiver off of the digital (DVB) receiver and let the DVB control your LNBF.

Yes, it is a .4 lnbf with the dish. I have it set for universal at 9750/10600. thanks.Still no signal, but I'll try again tomorrow.

Digital works good, but for analog, universal lnbf's are not the answer. A game moved 8 channels down earlier today and I'm missing some transponders. I'm going to put the 2 lnbf's on IA 8 and AMC 1 for digital to replace the Primestar lnb's when I find a bracket that will work. I bought 2 of the Xtreme lnbf standard ones from Pete. Hopefully, those arrive very soon.

MikeI said:
I put the Primestar lnb at the spot that fits when put on the 100 centimeter Fortec dish and I get a signal for both analog and vertical. I put both lnbf's at the same spot that I just bought, no signal for analog or vertical.
If you put both lnbs at the same spot, that you are looking few degree difference at both lnbs. And I don't think your primestar dish can rotate to adjust the satellites position. THats what the main problem for you.

Mike
The Universals are a pain in the ass for Analog due to the LO frequency being off

As an example
12080 analog frequncy
10750 LO frequency
1330 if the IF frequency (which is how some recivers do inputs)

So when you take 10600 and add 1330 to it, you get 11930. All of your frequencies need to be redone and its a pain. I had one of these .4 too and checked it for a standard LNB :)

you would have to make the frequencies 150 mhz HIGHER
so 11720 would be 11750....issue is when you hit 12200, it goes back to 11700 so you would lose TP19 and above

Last edited:
From what I understand, standard lnbf's don't work the same way as lnb's. For me to watch SBS 6 or AMC 9 (the 2 dishes that will have these lnbf's), I will need to watch something digital at the same time or have it powered up to think I'm watching them. My Uniden 9000's analog receivers don't work off of lnbf's. My HTS 70 does, but I've needed a remote for 10 years that I'm going to have to get, because I remember that receiver does work off of lnbf's in the long menu, but I haven't used it nearly 10 years now.

I'm used to watching sometimes 4, 5 or 6 dishes at once. 3 on analog and 3 on diigital sometimes depending what's on where. It sounds like lnbf's don't have that flexibility.

I understand what you wrote Tony about the frequencies, I'll see if I can get AMC 9 Tr 19 with these universal lnbf's if I adjust the frequency on the digital receivers. That's what I couldn't find on Friday night.

From what I understand, standard lnbf's don't work the same way as lnb's. For me to watch SBS 6 or AMC 9 (the 2 dishes that will have these lnbf's), I will need to watch something digital at the same time or have it powered up to think I'm watching them. My Uniden 9000's analog receivers don't work off of lnbf's. My HTS 70 does, but I've needed a remote for 10 years that I'm going to have to get, because I remember that receiver does work off of lnbf's in the long menu, but I haven't used it nearly 10 years now.

I'm used to watching sometimes 4, 5 or 6 dishes at once. 3 on analog and 3 on diigital sometimes depending what's on where. It sounds like lnbf's don't have that flexibility.
Mike the way I have understood it is the digital needs to be on (or at least on H polarity) to run the analog (even with a split). With mine, if my Pansat 1500 digital is off, the Tosghiba TRX1420 will still work on Horizontal transponders.

I understand what you wrote Tony about the frequencies, I'll see if I can get AMC 9 Tr 19 with these universal lnbf's if I adjust the frequency on the digital receivers. That's what I couldn't find on Friday night
Good luck!

Sounds like the analog needs to be able to power the LNBF.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)