100% local coverage

nopt not true its only 209/210 dma's
salisbury md is still not covered

but i dont think its dish networks fault, i blame the greedy locals

The claim is they made an attempt to cover 100%. But if some stations do not want to play ball like everyone else then that DMA is SOL.

The claim is they made an attempt to cover 100%. But if some stations do not want to play ball like everyone else then that DMA is SOL.

Yeah, over here I have NBC, ABC, CBS in HD but my local Fox hasn't been turned on in HD or SD. KVHP FOX is uplinked but not turned on yet, just kind of waiting them out till they come online.

stela

Yeah, over here I have NBC, ABC, CBS in HD but my local Fox hasn't been turned on in HD or SD. KVHP FOX is uplinked but not turned on yet, just kind of waiting them out till they come online.

Stela should either get them turn on or you will be able to get something from next closest DMA on your spot.

NOT until they add WYMT CBS HAZARD KENTUCKY. I know I am in the lexington kentucky market but this station covers MOST of all Eastern and SOUTHEASTERN KY news where Lexington KY stations DONT. This is a satellite station of WKYT gray media in LEX but they provide local news, commercials, sports, and most important weather. I wish that Neilson and NAB and the FCC would go ahead and make a 211 DMA and have this channel as the main CBS feed with others from lexington. they also tell tennessee news and virginia/wv news and was awarded top news in Kentucky by the AP.
Also do you all think we may get knoxville SV channels since their SV here in SE KY ?

They could add it but dont have to

If there is two of the same affiliate in a market unless they're licensed in different states Dish & Direct dont have to carry both. If they're licensed to different states then both qualify for must carry

Thats how Duluth, MN gets 2 NBC's on both systems.....even though KRII is a satellite of KBJR except for commercials. One is licensed to Chisholm, MN and the other is across the river from Duluth in Superior, WI (evcen though the tower & studio are in MN) ;)

not quite...Still missing Salisbury, MD. So only 99%

Have you checked Dish's website? I just did with my Millsboro, Delaware address and found they are listing this channel:

1) WASHINGTON DC NBC-WHAG on Channel 25 (6742) for $5.99 a month.

In all my years living here with Mediacom, Verizon Fios, and Comcast.... I've never heard of this channel!

Mediacom and Verizon Fios has NBC out of Baltimore while Comcast has it out of Philly. So, Dish has it out of DC? Interesting to say the least lol

Last edited:
Have you checked Dish's website? I just did with my Millsboro, Delaware address and found they are listing this channel:

1) WASHINGTON DC NBC-WHAG on Channel 25 (6742) for $5.99 a month.

In all my years living here with Mediacom, Verizon Fios, and Comcast.... I've never heard of this channel!

Mediacom and Verizon Fios has NBC out of Baltimore while Comcast has it out of Philly. So, Dish has it out of DC? Interesting to say the least lol

thats because it not local, its from hagerstown.

and i spent @ 30 minutes last night in an online chat trying to get the rep to say there were no locals and dish was lying, but he couldnt. he skirted the issue very well

oh and i filed a complaint with the ftc over false advertising :)
that and several calles to the dish corp office, ect ect
the recpetion actually rememberd me the last time i called :)

and i spent @ 30 minutes last night in an online chat trying to get the rep to say there were no locals and dish was lying, but he couldnt. he skirted the issue very well
Where in MD are you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)