100 Reasons to Jailbreak

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Scott Greczkowski said:
I was in the Apple store this week a few times getting my Macbook worked on. And while I was there a few people came in with iPhones that were Jailbroken that were not working correctly.

Instead of the Apple rep saying "sorry you jailbroke it, no soup for you!" they said "because you applied the Jailbreak we are unable to work on it in its current state, however if you let me restore it to the factory OS and if it still does it after the restore then we will replace the phone under warranty."

I saw this happen twice while I was there over the 4 days I was there.

One rep after he gave the customer a replacement phone even told the customer, if you want to jailbreak it again you can, however if you have issues please restore it to factory software before bringing it in for repair.

I thought it was very cool how Apple handled it.

I think it is pretty clear they have great customer service, but I suspect from some of what I have read, that a lot will depend on what "blue shirt" you get when you walk in.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Symbol said:
Before calling me out.

1- I can have it replaced for $200 FOR water damage at the sprint store. (They will replace it for free if it something randomly stops working that isn't accidental damage)

2- I got the replacement for free at the sprint store for being honest with the tech and not bashing him claiming it was his or anyone else's fault. Yes it was jailbroken, but At least I wiped the phone before taking it to the sprint store.(My phone would turn on, the problem was that the headphone jack and earpiece got wet and wouldn't work)

3- There are NO apple stores in Puerto Rico, Just resellers.

Thanks.

But of course, the Sprint store is not the apple store.

Before calling me out.

1- I can have it replaced for $200 FOR water damage at the sprint store. (They will replace it for free if it something randomly stops working that isn't accidental damage)

2- I got the replacement for free at the sprint store for being honest with the tech and not bashing him claiming it was his or anyone else's fault. Yes it was jailbroken, but At least I wiped the phone before taking it to the sprint store.(My phone would turn on, the problem was that the headphone jack and earpiece got wet and wouldn't work)

3- There are NO apple stores in Puerto Rico, Just resellers.

Thanks.
I've had similar experiences with sprint which is one of the biggest reasons I stay with them despite not having the best network.

I would be interested to see the actual numbers. As you know, few things are ever 100%. As for me I only had an issue once and that was when I tried to do it at work where it had a difficult time communicating through the smartfilter.

But checking the DevTeam blogs and other JB sites, issues seem few (keep in mind that those with issues are more likely going to post than those with no issues).

I often have to respiring after some Cydia APP updates, but that is a necessary step in finalizing the update (similar to restarting your computer after a Window update).

I agree. To add to my previous post. I only have to respiring my phone. I have never had this happen on my iPad.

I was in the Apple store this week a few times getting my Macbook worked on. And while I was there a few people came in with iPhones that were Jailbroken that were not working correctly.

Instead of the Apple rep saying "sorry you jailbroke it, no soup for you!" they said "because you applied the Jailbreak we are unable to work on it in its current state, however if you let me restore it to the factory OS and if it still does it after the restore then we will replace the phone under warranty."

I saw this happen twice while I was there over the 4 days I was there.

One rep after he gave the customer a replacement phone even told the customer, if you want to jailbreak it again you can, however if you have issues please restore it to factory software before bringing it in for repair.

I thought it was very cool how Apple handled it.
As I get older customer service is starting to become my #1 reason for giving any business my time and money. (One reason why I go to Chick Fil A frequently, even though their food is just OK, is because of their excellent customer service). When I see examples of excellent customer service like you just stated, it does make me want to do business with them.

I have too had nothing but good customer service at the APPLE store. I have even showed some of the "Geniuses" some of the cool features that can be done with JB.

Addressing the point you made directly. This is what I and others have been stating all along. If you do JB and want have issues with your phone, you can simply restore it before you take it in to get worked on and they will work on it.

I've had similar experiences with sprint which is one of the biggest reasons I stay with them despite not having the best network.
That that is why I will probably not go with Sprint when we do update our phones. Like I said in a previous post is customer service is slowly becoming my #1 reason to do business with a company and Sprints customer service is a mile better than ATT. But when I cannot get coverage at our second home, then I have to rule them out. I have Sprint for my Galaxy Tablet data plan and I cannot get any reception at all at our place in Mammoth (unless I turn on roaming), where ATT just put in yet another cell tower just outside of town and we now get a very strong signal with them.

Last edited:
That that is why I will probably not go with Sprint when we do update our phones. Like I said in a previous post is customer service is slowly becoming my #1 reason to do business with a company and Sprints customer service is a mile better than ATT. But when I cannot get coverage at our second home, then I have to rule them out. I have Sprint for my Galaxy Tablet data plan and I cannot get any reception at all at our place in Mammoth (unless I turn on roaming), where ATT just put in yet another cell tower just outside of time and we now get a very strong signal with them.

I think that Sprint is not all it is cracked up to be as everybody is saying. They may give good customer service at some if its stores but if you have to deal with the corporate side it is a totally different story. I left Sprint due to poor customer service as did a few others that I work with. A few of them were with sprint the past 10 years and finally had enough of the customer service that they were receiving. Just my experience with them but I know that people can have these types of experiences with any company that they deal with.

rockymtnhigh said:
But of course, the Sprint store is not the apple store.

The other guy assumed I was at the apple store without knowing, thats why i told him i went to the sprint store. I'm not saying hes wrong since apple and sprint wont replace water damage phones for free, I just got lucky and got it free since the reps were being nice :)

I didn't assume anything. My post was in jest, in response to the misleading claims regarding warranty or replacement policies on JB devices.

Hard for anybody to know your post was in jest when you just finished calling BS on another post that you knew nothing about.

Hall said:
I didn't assume anything. My post was in jest, in response to the misleading claims regarding warranty or replacement policies on JB devices.

you clearly said APPLE wouldn't replace it when I never specified who replaced my phone initially.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)