100 Reasons to Jailbreak

My point is simply that I am not in any way going to jeopardize the warranty I have through Apple Care + by jail breaking. I have done that before rooting Android phones, but I find value in the warranty I have, and indeed, have been incredibly pleased with the customer service I have had the few times I have contacted Apple for support.

It is simply a REASON NOT to jailbreak. Some will care, some will not. I do.

Isn't the main reason while people jailbreak their phones is so that they could go around the terms of service and do things that they are not supposed to, like tethering for free? ;)

Personally, the best thing I like about my iPhone is how stable and reliable it has been over the two years. I depend on my phone a lot, and the last thing I want to do is to jeopardize its stability to any extent for the sake of some bells and whistles.

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys
The main reason? I don't know. Sure, there are some that do. Most things are not free and most people that I know do not do it to get free things.

My iPad has been JB for 1.5 years and my iPhone for over 3 years. Been very stable and haven't had any issues. Most people that do JB do not have issues with stability as well.

Come on, we have heard plenty of stories of folks bringing iPhones into the Apple Store and the "genius" looking to see if it was jail broke.
That is only because those folks forgot to clear out their JB. If they do one of the two things Pepper stated then there is no way those non-"geniuses" will even know it was JB.

The main reason I posted this is just to show what can be done. It is also to clear up the misconceptions of legality, stability, and warranty issues. JB is legal, it is very stable, and most of the time any warranty issues can be avoided if you do what Pepper stated.

I know it is not for everyone, as most people do not JB to begin with. My wife, for example, would kill me if I JB her phone. My intention was not to say that a JB phone is better than a standard phone or to say that JB is the best option for everyone. It was simply to point out that it is a safe way and legal way to bring more features to your phone that you may like and cannot get with the standard setup.

The main reason? I don't know. Sure, there are some that do. Most things are not free and most people that I know do not do it to get free things.

My iPad has been JB for 1.5 years and my iPhone for over 3 years. Been very stable and haven't had any issues. Most people that do JB do not have issues with stability as well.

Haven't you said on numerous occasions that you JB so you can get out-of-market baseball games?

RE: stability, I think, without ever having seen a JB iPhone, that its likely that JB-iOS devices are more stable than many of the Android ones.

Haven't you said on numerous occasions that you JB so you can get out-of-market baseball games?
Not out of market, in-market-games. Not getting anything for free though. I still have to pay for the same service.
RE: stability, I think, without ever having seen a JB iPhone, that its likely that JB-iOS devices are more stable than many of the Android ones.
I would agree that rooting is much more of a risk than simply JB.

In my experience this would be accurate. I found zero issues with stability or the smoothness of the OS when I had mine JB before the last software update.
I may, or may not do a JB again, but it certainly was painless, and easy to take back to stock. I did enjoy having the ability to wifi tether on the very few times that I need that feature. And a few of the notification programs were very nice.

In my experience this would be accurate. I found zero issues with stability or the smoothness of the OS when I had mine JB before the last software update.
I may, or may not do a JB again, but it certainly was painless, and easy to take back to stock. I did enjoy having the ability to wifi tether on the very few times that I need that feature. And a few of the notification programs were very nice.

So, even when going rogue and being a rebel, its easier and buttery-smooth on iOS. LOL :D :D

I don't understand what you mean by that? Do you mean why some want to profit from JB, or why some do so simply as a means to counteract anything APPLE, or are you saying the JB community itself is also like a Cult?
OK I watched the video, pretty good for an advertisement. If I had an iphone I may want to jailbreak mine to get all those neat features I thought iphone already had. But, I will probably never get an iphone until I can not worry over the battery going dead a not being able to swap it out.
That is always a concern over any device in which you cannot remove the battery yourself. But, I have yet to have a single problem with the battery on any of my iDevices. If it does go dead APPLE will replace it if it is under warranty or if you have APPLE Care or you can pay to have it replaced if it is not

I meant the last two. I could well understand if there was a profit motive but not the last two motivations. Which are you? Do you get a referral commission if one of us buys a JB? Wait, JB is free isn't it? :D

The battery- I was referring to being away from power to recharge and can't swap batteries. Usually happens to me 1-2 times a month with my T-Bolt. My belt case can store a charged up spare and my wife, a heavier user also carries a spare battery in her purse for the same reason. I smile at the airports where I see all those iphones plugged in waiting for flight departure. I never have to do that.

You may recall the last time I considered the hack rom for my Android and it had to do with tethering. The forums were loaded with solutions but they also were buggy solutions I didn't want to deal with. I'm happy iphone JB is 100% perfect and has no issues at all. I guess not for you anyway. I'm sure I would be the first to find the problem. That is usually my luck.

I meant the last two. I could well understand if there was a profit motive but not the last two motivations. Which are you? Do you get a referral commission if one of us buys a JB? Wait, JB is free isn't it? :D
$0.0000000001 per JB. :p:D
There is definitely a JB Cult. I am not that much into it. I just do it to use features that are not available on the phone and to open up my phone to make it more for my personal use. I have somewhat of a cult following to JB, but not as much as many. Many of those DevTeam followers definitely comprise a JB Community Cult. For the most part, most JB just do so casually or to get their phone to do a few things it cannot otherwise do. And some do it as a means of sticking their middle finger at Apple, but I think those are few and far between as many JailBreakers are also huge APPLE fans as well.
The battery- I was referring to being away from power to recharge and can't swap batteries. Usually happens to me 1-2 times a month with my T-Bolt. My belt case can store a charged up spare and my wife, a heavier user also carries a spare battery in her purse for the same reason. I smile at the airports where I see all those iphones plugged in waiting for flight departure. I never have to do that.
I've been looking into getting something like that for my iPhone so when I use it to map my workouts I do not have to worry about the phone dieing before I am finished.
You may recall the last time I considered the hack rom for my Android and it had to do with tethering. The forums were loaded with solutions but they also were buggy solutions I didn't want to deal with. I'm happy iphone JB is 100% perfect and has no issues at all. I guess not for you anyway. I'm sure I would be the first to find the problem. That is usually my luck.
Not 100% perfect, few things are 100%. But is is much safer and much more stable than rooting.

Don, there is a simple solution to deal with those few times when you are afraid you'll run out of juice. I have an external battery, which provides power through USB to the iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Android phone. I don't use it most of the time, but when I travel, I stick it in my carry-on. Its about 3"x4" and about an inch thick. Not super heavy. And if I run low, I know I have it. If I am flying, I usually carry it with me, and charge while on the plane, its not as convenient as having an extra phone battery like in my Droid days, but it works. I certainly would not let the battery issue be the defining factor in not getting an iPhone.

Its from new trent, and is 11000 mAh. Apple iPad Battery Pack - iPhone Battery Extender IMP1000 $76.

The only thing it won't charge is my MacBook Air. Alas, the external charger for that is something like $250. BUT since I can get at least four hours on the Air, I don't bother.

Its a god-send on road-trips. I keep it in the car, and it helps my kid out as he is always running down his Droid and iPod touch. I even used it to charge my GPS once.

Someone should start a "reasons not to jailbreak your iDevice (or root your Android device)" ;) Might be boring and only have a couple people participate though.... :D

Someone should start a "reasons not to jailbreak your iDevice (or root your Android device)" ;) Might be boring and only have a couple people participate though.... :D

#1 reason for me is that I use my iPhone for work and they do not allow jail broken or rooted devices to attach to our corporate email.

And some do it as a means of sticking their middle finger at Apple, but I think those are few and far between as many JailBreakers are also huge APPLE fans as well.

That's funny. So they buy an iphone so they can stick it to Apple by making it so Apple doesn't have to warranty the device. Smart, real smart! As a stock holder, I hope there are thousands out there who buy iphones just to stick it to Apple like that. LOL !

Mike- Yeah, I'd be a candidate for one of those. I also remember Scott had a snap on battery that doubled the his hours but it also made the phone about 3/4 inches thick.

How would they know?

The software that is needed can detect the jail break or root. Even better once rooted on my old android phone,mi ran through the processes to go back to 100% stock and they were still able to detect that it was once rooted. There were some remnants of the rooting process that did not get cleaned up even with removing root and running the stock rom from at&t.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts