1000.2 dish alignment problem can find 129 and 119 not on proper lnb

forthvacav

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Goochland, VA
upgraded my old super dish to a dish 1000. when aligning I can get bird 129 and bird 119 but not bird 110. After reading a few post here I followed the instructions on covering the two outside lnbs with foil and finding 119 with the center lnb. Well I have yet to find it can find 129 but not 119. but yet when I don't have foil on the other lnbs I can find 119 but not 110. This is driving me crazy. Any help would be appreciated. on this issue.

Well it could be a few things. First and foremost, check the plumbness of your mast. The more level it is, the better this project will go for you.

If you are sure that your mast is plumb, and still not getting what you want, make sure your skew and elevation is set properly for your location.

I would look at plumbness and skew first - because by turning the dish you are able to find all 3 birds just not all at the same time.

it's also possible that this dish you got is slightly bent. That would also explain the inabiliity to find all three birds at once.

Sounds like you are almost there. just a little tweaking.

I can only find 129 and 119 I have yet to find 110. on the point dish page of the setup everytime I listed 110 I got message wrong sat 129. This is with no lnb covered. After covering both outside lnbs I can only get 129. I have the skew and azim and elevation for my area pretty close ( zip code area 23063). I've readjusted the pumb now, the bubble is staying between the lines or touching. I try again, its raining outside as of now and all I need is a bar of soap. LOL

"After covering both outside lnbs I can only get 129"

That means the 119 eye is seeing 129. You need to swing the dish 10 degrees to the left if you're standing behind the dish or to the East.

It's easier if you cover the outside lnbs and just use the middle one to aim for 119. Peak on 119 and then run check switch after uncovering the outside lnbs. :)

Ok tried swing dish 10 degrees to the left or east still no go. I have taken a portable tv and a 301 reciever I just recently deactivated out to the dish. Once again can only get 129 with center lnb switch to 119 and move to left and no luck have tried running elevation up and down. never had a problem with super dish with 119 or 110 or 105 dish is mounted in same location. HHHEEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

elevation about 30 degrees
skew 130
azi 241

If you read first part of post I could not get 110, could get 129 and 119 but 129 was the center lnb and 119 is one of the outside ones. Thats why I not sure about about blockage.

Ok just went out adjusted dish to what I believe are those setting and 129 is still on the center lnb. signal between 73 and 75. After running check switch with foil over outside lnbs.

73 to 75 sounds more like signal from 119 not 129, those are kind of high for 129. Remove the foil and run check switch again.

When you check them, do you select 129 or 119? Is the meter bar green or red?

Go to Menu, 6, 1, 1, and select satellite 119 and transponder 11? What do you get? Make sure you check the color of the bar too.

Ok ran check switch it now show 129 as #1 at 67-69 signal and 119 as #2 at 78-80 signal nothing at #3 and of course nothing at #4. All are showing in green and once again I'm now missing 110 bird which I believe should show at #3.

randlla,
after reading your last reply. I realize I did not check to see what transponder 119 was set to. the reading I gave you was for #5 transponder when I took it to #11, it's at 100 on the signal scale.

So you are using the 301 receiver to align the dish, right? What software does the 301 receiver have? Remember that the 301 will not read some of the transponders on 129 because the 301 receiver is not an HD receiver.

Have you tried a different receiver? What results do you get? The correct switch matrix should show 119 in Port 1, 110 in Port 2 and 129 in Port 3. It also shows as 1.2K for each port.

Ok I hooked up just one cable to my 322 reciever that goes to my second tv. Did check switch and I've included 2 pics from the check switch screen.

Attachments

• 2008_0428Image0046.JPG
    2008_0428Image0046.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 875
  • 2008_0428Image0047.JPG
    2008_0428Image0047.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 554
You're definitely picking up 129 with the 119 eye. I'd say cover the outside lnbs and aim for 119 until you peak it. Swing the dish to the left if standing behind the dish.

You could test right now by covering the middle lnb and you'll see that 129 will not show signal.

Ok I covered the lnb with foil and it is the center one. Then took foil off and covered two outside lnbs, started turning dish to left standing behind dish, while on point dish page I looked at 129 which is center lnb until I lost signal and keep turning to left and left and left and left, and never pick up on 119. So I returned dish to make I made before moving and have once again 129 then 119 then nothing as far as the matrix goes. I guess I will continue tommorow. Hopefully someone can help figure this out. Thanks for all the input today!!

First off, you're elevation is a bit low suggesting that you're not plumb. Of all of the settings, the elevation is the most critical. Secondly, as has been pointed out numerous times, you're pointing eight degrees too far to the West. The numbers that RandallA gave you are right out of the installation manual. Understand that the azimuth is based on magnetic North readings.

DishPointer.com - Satellite Dish Pointer / Alignment Calculator with Google Maps suggests that the readings for Goochland should be 244.9 (magnetic), 29 degrees elevation and a skew of 130.4.

Ok guys I got it!!!! Finally found 119 bird. Thanks harshness! I was too low, actually I had to move the elevation up quit a bit.

By the scale stamp on the side it says I'm at 37 degrees of elevation. Once I found 119 did check switch took foil off and did check switch again all the other birds 110 and 129 came in.

Again: Thanks to everyone who help me with this!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)