1000.2 problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mwarhoo

Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
I am at zip code 37062 and have set my 1000.2 at az-227, EV-35, SK-126. I am receiving SS of 89 on 129 114 on 119 but nothing on my 110 satellite. What is my problem???

mwarhoo,

Try what Randalla suggests. If that doesnt help, try the old trick of covering the outer "eyes" of the LNBs and checking signal. You may be aimed at 119, 129 and 138. If you cover the outer eyes and now receive only 129, that would be your problem. Then just peak with only the center LNB at 119.

Miner

mwarhoo,

Try what Randalla suggests. If that doesnt help, try the old trick of covering the outer "eyes" of the LNBs and checking signal. You may be aimed at 119, 129 and 138. If you cover the outer eyes and now receive only 129, that would be your problem. Then just peak with only the center LNB at 119.

Miner

I too am having a problem trying to get my dish 1000.2 setup. When I do the foil over the outter eyes and run a check switch it sees 129. To make matters even more interesting the eye that should be seeing 110 is seeing 119 and no eye is seeing 110. Zipcode is 32060 and I have the Skew,Az, and Elev. set according to the installation instructions. Bascially from hours of trial and error I have determined that the center eye is seeing 129 and the right hand eye that is supposed to see 110 is seeing 119 and the lefthand eye that is supposed to see 129 is seeing nothing. Im about at my wits end and considering calling a local installter to see if he can come do it for me. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas I could try.

I too am having a problem trying to get my dish 1000.2 setup. When I do the foil over the outter eyes and run a check switch it sees 129. To make matters even more interesting the eye that should be seeing 110 is seeing 119 and no eye is seeing 110. Zipcode is 32060 and I have the Skew,Az, and Elev. set according to the installation instructions. Bascially from hours of trial and error I have determined that the center eye is seeing 129 and the right hand eye that is supposed to see 110 is seeing 119 and the lefthand eye that is supposed to see 129 is seeing nothing. Im about at my wits end and considering calling a local installter to see if he can come do it for me. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas I could try.

Then you need to swing the dish to your left or East (standing behind the dish) about 9 degrees.

Then you need to swing the dish to your left or East (standing behind the dish) about 9 degrees.

Thanks for the suggestion. I gave that a try and no luck. No idea what to do or what I could have possibly be doing wrong. Funny thing is I can put my Dish500 back onto the mast, set the azimuth for Dish500 and wham, great signals on 119 and 110 and yes I do realize the azimuth is slightly different for 1000.2. Guess I'll be calling a local installer Tuesday.

I've been told a few things over the years... not sure if this will help, but it can't hurt... disconnect all rcvrs powering up your LNB... then do a check switch on one of your rcvrs with no cables connected... this is suppose to clear out the matrix... then reconnect a rcvr and run the check switch and see what your results are.....

Another thing... I always connect my first coax cable up to the left side of the lnb... on the old Dish 500 LNBs it was the 119 port.... this always produces great results for me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts