1000.2 WA Dish Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Trial and errors continue. Tried all of the above to no avail. Still looking. Thanks for the input!
Could a cable connector be the issue? I have about 50' of cable ran then connected anther 25' with a double female. Could this be a problem? Did not affect my previous receive though.
IT must be that 1 tree I see in photo-try temporarily moving the dish Again ! you have tried everything else!!???

Receiving only 2 out 3 sats is easy to do. I suggest trying to find 119 in more than 1 spot & if you do run a check switch test again.

I think the problem you have here is the wrong LNBF. The one you have is for a TurboHD dish. It's smaller than an 1000.2 so the LNB spacing is wrong.

Bought the lnb off ebay, just bought what I thought I needed. So what Lnb do I need?
I just found out about that a few days ago myself. I have a turboHD dish and no LNBF. I asked my buddy who works for dish if he had an extra and we looked in his truck. All he had were the ones for the 1000.2 dish and he said they would not work because it's a different size dish and spacing. A day later he brought me the LNBF I wanted and it looks just like the one you have pictured. I 'll try and get a picture of both of them together so we can see the difference. It's confusing because most people interchange the two dishes, but one of them had an early version and is not used any longer.

Your Lnb looks just like mine
Mine has tag with -A71201-WD1001JZT and is working on a 1000.2 dish
Check yours
Still think it might be tree?? but @ 46º or 48º elevation it is doubtfull ??
Perhaps the lnb is defective ??
Are you sure you have a 1000.2 Dish?? Mine Measures 25 1/4" X 20 1/4 "
Don

Bought the lnb off ebay, just bought what I thought I needed. So what Lnb do I need?
Judging from the relatively even spacing between the feed horns, you appear to have the appropriate LNB (although there's a possibility that it is a 1000.4 WA LNB assembly).

You need to be absolutely certain that you're reading the scales on the mount correctly. The scale for elevation is read according to the edge of the sheet metal and not the center line of the clamping bolt; an all-too-common mistake. You should also use the dishpointer.com parameters as they are as much as (or possibly more than) 1 degree different from the general zip code tables. In my case the elevation on dishpointer.com is a degree greater than the table and my dish needs to be at least that high.

The "edge" for adjusting the elevation is shown on page 2 of the installation guide.

http://manuals.solidsignal.com/151255_01_text.pdf

This is frustrating. If I was there with my meter I could diagnose the problem and point your dish in a matter of minutes.
Something strange is going on here and I have seen almost every thing I can think of suggested already.
Do you still have the old dish? If so see if you can use that to confirm you can get all three satellites from its new location (you of coarse will only be able to hit 2 at a time with a D-500) and you will need to rerun switch test
this will help tell you if location,dish, wiring or receiver are or are not the problem.

The top one is 1000.4 and the bottom one is 1000.2

adish2.jpg

Reactions: Magic Static
Could there by chance be a 3x4 switch installed somewhere in the system or diplexer(s) not rated 3 gig ?

Working!
Thanks for everyone's advice. Here's what I did to fix. Went to dishpointer.com and found the information for my location on 119°. Put everything at proper settings, nothing no signal what so ever. So being frustrated and tired of this Texas heat and humidity decided I would wait until this evening when its cooler. Put dish back to where I know it was working before, nothing! No signal. Knowing that I have good reception at this location, I checked cable connections etc., still no signal. Turned receive on/off, nothing. Completely at wits end, turned everything off, disconnected coax and preformed a switch test. While waiting on switch test, go to thinking, maybe something happened when I moved the dish and perhaps the "new" alignment is right. So I put the dish at the dishpointer location. After the switch test was done, connected teh coax and did another switch test. BAM! All three sats were found and good signal. Not real sure what was wrong but I will take it.

Thanks again for everyone's help!
Scott

Reactions: stardust3
I think the problem you have here is the wrong LNBF. The one you have is for a TurboHD dish. It's smaller than an 1000.2 so the LNB spacing is wrong.
TurboHD is a 1000.2. You must be thinking of the original 1000. It utilized the DPP Twin and a DP Dual. It was much smaller.

TurboHD is a 1000.2. You must be thinking of the original 1000. It utilized the DPP Twin and a DP Dual. It was much smaller.
I think my buddy who has been installing dishes all his life and is now in his seventies, is suffering from CRS. The TurboHD is a 1000.2, and the dish they use here now is the 1000.4 and that's what LNBFs he had on his truck. He had is model numbers messed up. LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)