1000.2 with wing for 129?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
Here's my dilema. I've recently upgraded to a 722 with a dish 100.2. However, no matter how much I tweak the dish, I still have issues with signal strength for 129. My question is, if I connect a wing dish just for 129 using port #4 on the dish 100.2, will that override the 129 lnb on the dish 100.2 and pull in a better signal on the wing dish?

Here's my dilema. I've recently upgraded to a 722 with a dish 100.2. However, no matter how much I tweak the dish, I still have issues with signal strength for 129. My question is, if I connect a wing dish just for 129 using port #4 on the dish 100.2, will that override the 129 lnb on the dish 100.2 and pull in a better signal on the wing dish?

You'll need to cover the eye for 129 on the 1000.2 with aluminum foil and then run check switch. It will take the 129 signal from the D500. I did this for my uncle and it works just fine.

no.no it takes it from the dish with the highest signal

You're kidding right? No, it doesn't. If you leave the 129 eye on the 1000.2 uncovered, it will always get the signal from the 1000.2. The receiver doesn't measure signal strength and then decides which one is higher. I wish they would, but right now they just don't.

You're kidding right? No, it doesn't. If you leave the 129 eye on the 1000.2 uncovered, it will always get the signal from the 1000.2. The receiver doesn't measure signal strength and then decides which one is higher. I wish they would, but right now they just don't.

I can confirm with RandallA - I had a LOS issue with 129 on a 1000.2 - very tight window to try and hit all 3. Threw up a wing on port 4 - signal was significantly higher, but the checkswitch details showed the new 129 on port 4 and ignored the signal because it was a "duplicate". Put the foil over the 129 LNB port on the 1000.2 and it worked like a charm.
I apologize for the lack of pictures/screenshots & signal numbers - I have since moved my 1000.2 dish to the house after removing a tree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)