1000.4 aiming problems

jrlead

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
I have installed 3 1000.4 dish's recently and have had no results getting both 61.5 and 72.7, I ether get one or the other. I get both satellite locations to show up on my Birddog with a 95% signal. When I do a check switch I get the only one satellite. Any suggestions?

yeah if you're sure you have signal at the dish, let the rx lock on to 61.5 and then lock it in and do a download. Also obviously make sure the rx is a EA compatible.

When I first install the dish I could only get 61.5 so I did the download. When back a day latter reaimed the dish but never got 70.5 to show up after doing the check switch.
Can I re download? will that help? should I call dish and have them re hit it?

If you can get one, and then have to move it to get the other one, I would make sure you're skew setting is correct. I use a Supper Sat Buddy and I have no problems getting all 3 lined up. It's been a couple years since I used the bird dog, so I can't help you specifically there.

With the new 129 coming online, I would just put up the 1000.2, and tell customer service NLOS on eastern arc and they'll change it. Actually you don't even have to tell customer service you're doing it, but it's good for them to know what sats the customer is on, if they do some migration of channels in the future.

If you can get one, and then have to move it to get the other one, I would make sure you're skew setting is correct. I use a Supper Sat Buddy and I have no problems getting all 3 lined up. It's been a couple years since I used the bird dog, so I can't help you specifically there.

With the new 129 coming online, I would just put up the 1000.2, and tell customer service NLOS on eastern arc and they'll change it. Actually you don't even have to tell customer service you're doing it, but it's good for them to know what sats the customer is on, if they do some migration of channels in the future.

Yes because i am sure customers WILL NOT want their locals or either they WILL want 2 dishes on their roof when they can get by with 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)