Spotbeam maps

terpsmandan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
Somewhere near here
Does anyone have a map that has the footprints of the spotbeams on 110 and 61.5? I am trying to get LIL in HD and I think that I can see spot 9 on 110 and spot 15 on 61.5. I "moved" to Cleveland and the SD locals are on spot 9 and I can get them but the HD locals are on spot 14 and that only goes as far east as Cleveland. Oh btw in in 14527. Thanks all.

I believe this is what your looking for. The map of 61.5w doesn't indicate what beam is where.

Attachments

• 110spotmap.pdf
    358 KB · Views: 1,083
  • e12spots.pdf
    918.6 KB · Views: 646
Thanks for the 110 map. I think that the e12 map may be outdated. Buffalo HD is on 61.5 tp 13 spot 15 and Syracuse HD is at 61.5 tp 3 spot 16 and that one I cannot even get a signal on. Anyone have anything else?

The Rainbow 1 spotbeam map has different spotbeam numbers as compared to Dish and the uplink report.

I think it's got more issues than the numbers! There's only one spotbeam covering Scranton, PA, and it looks like it should cover me, but it doesn't. I'm close enough to the edge that I could call it plotting accuracy, if that were the only problem. But, the spotbeam covering Philadelphia (on the map) is the SAME spotbeam, yet when I check the signal strength on the transponder that the Philadelphia locals are on, I get a strong signal, even though there's no other spotbeam drawn anywhere even near me. So something's very wrong with the spotbeam map.

Does anyone have a map that has the footprints of the spotbeams on 110 and 61.5? I am trying to get LIL in HD and I think that I can see spot 9 on 110 and spot 15 on 61.5. I "moved" to Cleveland and the SD locals are on spot 9 and I can get them but the HD locals are on spot 14 and that only goes as far east as Cleveland. Oh btw in in 14527. Thanks all.

Get me an approximate longitude/latitude and I will look up the nearest Rainbow spot beam for that area including it's isodBw's.

Thanks for the 110 map. I think that the e12 map may be outdated. Buffalo HD is on 61.5 tp 13 spot 15 and Syracuse HD is at 61.5 tp 3 spot 16 and that one I cannot even get a signal on. Anyone have anything else?

The Rainbow map is known to be outdated. They changed all the transponder numbers and re-aimes a few of the beams.

FWIW, the folks are getting this information from the Echostar Knowlege base (EKB), located here: The Echostar Knowledge Base

It has a ton of good stuff and is maintained by one of the modes here. This should be the first place to go look for this stuff, especially since you tend to throw new threads on the same or very closely related topics. Couldn't this all be handled in one thread?

LATITUDE: 42.643. LONGITUDE: -77.056. That is the Penn Yan, NY Airport and I am 2 miles east of it. Thanks.

E2 @ 72.7W/42.8N
E3 @ 74.9W/41.1N
E4 @ 77.6W?38.6N

I extracted these for your from the Rainbow FCC permit. I doubt you will see this detail anywhere else since that permit's details do not exist in the FCC digital database and were very difficult to obtain. You should be able to get reception out to about the -20 dBw isobar with something like a 6 foot diameter antenna. Hopefully, I will be getting some missing data that will enable very accurate mapping.

Attachments

• Rainbow 1 E2.jpg
    Rainbow 1 E2.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 366
  • Rainbow 1 E3.jpg
    Rainbow 1 E3.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 224
  • Rainbow 1 E4.jpg
    Rainbow 1 E4.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 242
Thanks for the maps. Jim S., I had earlier heard some problems for Scranton DMA customers not getting the HD signal. I am thinking that the edge of Spot 16 runs east of you and just west of Syracuse, and then all the up through New England. Spot 15 runs from Fayetteville, NC to Buffalo.