1000.4 dish (eastern arc) question

concord

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
Southern North Carolina
I placed the 1000.4 in a temporary position and I'm getting 72 & 77, however I'm not getting 61.5. A branch may be blocking it, but need to understand from what side of the dish that the 61.5 lnb is getting it's signal from.

I assume, when standing behind the dish, that the 61.5 lnb center focal point on the dish would be right of the center of the dish (as shown in attachment). Is this correct?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 1000_4.jpg
    1000_4.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 294
If you are standing directly BEHIND the 1000.4 sat dish than the single lnb on the far right by itself, is for the 61.5 satellite. The 77 and 72.7 lnbs are very close together . Port 2 of the lnb is for aiming and peaking the dish on the 72.7 satellite ,either transponder 19 or 21 to get the highest signal.

Thanks for the response, however I'm looking for the 61.5 actual focal point on the dish surface.

I already know what LNB picks up which sat..

Sorry, I have no idea where the focal point is , but I do know if you don't use the Azimuth cam to peak the dish just right( adjust it a little to the left or right) , you will get weak signal on either 77 or 61.5.

The focal point of the dish is where the aperture of the lnb is licated.

The 100.4 dish really does not have one focal point, but since the dish is flattened in the horizonal plane, htat creates a line of focus along the area where the lnb's are located.

If you are wondering where the signal to the lnbs comes from, it is about 20 degrees above a line perpendicular the the upper and lower edges of the dish.

These are offset dishes so they are reallt only a small slice of a larger dish that would go all around the lnb head.

Do you have a picture from behind the dish showing line of sight? If you have no 61.5 at all, it may be more than one branch

Can't really tell you the exact focal point on the dish, but the SAT signal come from the opposite side as the LNB. 61.5 is far right from behind the dish so signal coming in from far left. This is opposite of the drawing in your post. You have signals more or less coming in hitting dish and bouncing straight back out to LNB when they do more of a crossing pattern for lack of a better way to describe it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)