1000.4 Eastern Arc and 1000.2 Eastern Arc

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
Any differences in the older 1000.4 eastern arc dish to the newer 1000.2 eastern arc other than one less lnb? Any benefit to upgrading to the newer dish?

Any differences in the older 1000.4 eastern arc dish to the newer 1000.2 eastern arc other than one less lnb? Any benefit to upgrading to the newer dish?

The 1000.4 has a larger reflector and better fine tuning adjustments. I have both and consider the 1000.4 a superior product.

Reactions: renegade734
The DPP 1000.2 is smaller than the DPP 1000.4. For most users, there is no channels on satellite 77 which is the one less LNBF on the DPP 1000.2 EA head.

Some like the built-is elevation adjustment on the DPP 1000.4

The 1000.4 is a superior antenna in my opinion. It is more sturdy, and I think just a little bit bigger.
I can attest to that. I have had my eastern arc 1000.4 sat dish installed since 08 . Twice I installed it, before and after hurricane Ike and it has held up well. I was able to get great signal strengths on all 3 sats following the directions , slowly and methodically. Who knows when it comes to DISH? They might use the 77 sat again some day. Besides I can still "move" again to any of the conus cities on the 77 sat if I wanted to.

Reactions: pattykay
I can attest to that. I have had my eastern arc 1000.4 sat dish installed since 08 . Twice I installed it, before and after hurricane Ike and it has held up well. I was able to get great signal strengths on all 3 sats following the directions , slowly and methodically. Who knows when it comes to DISH? They might use the 77 sat again some day. Besides I can still "move" again to any of the conus cities on the 77 sat if I wanted to.
Just remember 77 is leased by DISH from Mexico so DISH at sometime in the future could abandon usage of 77.

Just remember 77 is leased by DISH from Mexico so DISH at sometime in the future could abandon usage of 77.
That is a long term lease for the life of the satellite, and since it's a Mexican slot, they have special authority from the FCC to use that slot to broadcast in the U.S. They use I believe currently 8 transponders for Dish Mexico, they'll probably start to use more for Dish Mexico in the future.

Cool...Keeping what I have seems like the best option. I like the design of the 1000.4 plus along with its fine adjustments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts