1000.4 Eastern Arc signal levels?

STL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I seem to be getting more rain fade since switching from D* to E*. I checked my signal levels and here are the values:

SAT....Xponder.........1..........2

Are the above values good values (or just mediocre)? I did a few searches here but could not find any threads that say what a good signal level was for the satellites my equipment is using. My dish is located on the roof and should have a clear view of the satellites. BTW, I'm located in the St. Louis, Missouri area if that matters. Hopefully someone can chime in.

bout the normal, this dish setup flat out sucks, nothing but complaints from my customers so instead I put up 2 dishes, problems solved

I find spotbeams tend to come in real well (especially in heavy rain). So go to local channels during thunder.

Otherwise, you might want to tweak your dish to favor the 61.5 bird as about 90% of your HD is prolly on that bird. I get spotbeams in the 80's and others in the low-mid 50's. 72 and 77 are iin the mid 40's to low 50's.

I know STL, MO is a dual setup DMA. HD locals on EA and WA. I assume the installers are supposed to try for EA first if there is LOS? Figured they would want them on WA... I know I would prefer WA since the satellite fleet is newer and more powerful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)