1000.4 issues with birdog usb 4.0

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mditz

Original poster
May 31, 2008
I am an installer and after receiving a new batch of 1000.4 lnbs my meter always shutsdown.the only way to get it to work is to power the lnb from the rec directly.used to be able to set the dish first and then do the wiring now I have to wire then set th dish.Any suggestions?I have current software on birdog

I'm an installer in Southwest PA, We don't do many EA's b/c of the local markets primarily being on 129, but we put some in. We have a super buddy for EA's and occasionally when it is connected as soon as you power the lnb it detects a short. It's only the one meter that does it, but it kinda sounds like a similar problem. Is your meter under warranty by any chance?

its all birdogs up here in new england.only started after we got new shipment of lnbs

My older birdog needs a powered LNB as well to work with the new 1000.4 product. Power port #1 of the LNB from a receiver connect port #2 to the birdog meter and get lock on signal from 72 bird. My $700 SuperBuddy meter with the latest software will no longer verify 61.5 as a valid signal (61.5 is missing two transponders), All installation techs should used 72 for course alignment and 77 to validate the correct position on a 1000.4 eastern arc install. Did one two days ago and this worked fine.

I have seen a lot of what you’re describing. The Birdog web site says that a receiver needs to be hooked up to the LNB for it to work properly.
Horizon Satellite Meters
There are some good notes there about using a Birdog with dish network.
I have found that trying to make a Birdog work with the Eastern arc isn’t worth the trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts