Cableing Diagram

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

davidgr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Modesto, CA
Good Morning all. I am desperate, for a diagram to wire my system.

I have a Dish 1000.2, and and OTA. 2 - VIP 722's, 2 HD and 2 SD.

VIP 722 (1) feeds room A HD, and room B SD.
VIP 722 (2) feeds room C HD, and room D SD.

all the cables are fine behind each reciever and TV, I just need how to re-connect cables in closet, where all cables are.

I have 2 cables comeing in from Dish, one in for OTA, splitters, diplexors, and combiners.

Please send or draw me a diagram, how to hook ALL of these together.

Thank you.

Modesto, ca? I went to school with lacy petterson or rocha she sat behind me in English class. I went to downey high. Can you take a picture of your closet where everything will be? I can help I have done a few big theaters and my own. It's easier to show then to tell. I had a splitter off of tv 2 to 5 HD tv sets in sd to them and 3 tvs in HD the HD is mirrored off the hdmi so tuner 1 gets uses. The sd sets got mirrored off tuner 2. Now since I have a 922 same thing but all tvs are mirrored off tuner 1.

There are diagrams of basic configurations under the receivers link on the DISH Network tech portal.

TechPortal

Choose what receiver you have and look in the left column under "INSTALL".

Diagram

Good Morning all. I am desperate, for a diagram to wire my system.

I have a Dish 1000.2, and and OTA. 2 - VIP 722's, 2 HD and 2 SD.

VIP 722 (1) feeds room A HD, and room B SD.
VIP 722 (2) feeds room C HD, and room D SD.

all the cables are fine behind each reciever and TV, I just need how to re-connect cables in closet, where all cables are.

I have 2 cables comeing in from Dish, one in for OTA, splitters, diplexors, and combiners.

Please send or draw me a diagram, how to hook ALL of these together.

Thank you.

here is a diagram of how to hook all that up it's pretty complicated if you don't know what you are doing just make sure that you use a good quality splitter (1ghz or higher and make sure it is UL listed).

The left side is the back of your receiver and you only need one line comming in
the right side is in the location that all your cables for the house meet.
I forgot to label the 2 lines going out to the right the one coming off the splitter goes to tv2 and the in/out of the diplexer goes to the receiver.
and make sure that you set you tv2 setting to air on channel 50 or above. otherwise it will overlap with the ota frequencies and you will get bad signal to tv2.

Attachments

• Diplexer diagram.jpg
    Diplexer diagram.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,606
Last edited:
OK here is the best I can do in the time I had. I have DISH HD and OTA on TV 1 and TV 3, but how do I hook up the RED wires to get the back feed to TV 2 and TV 4. All of these are run into an On Q, box in the closet, so all I need is what to hook these two cables to.

Attachments

• Cableing.jpg
    Cableing.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 664
OK here is the best I can do in the time I had. I have DISH HD and OTA on TV 1 and TV 3, but how do I hook up the RED wires to get the back feed to TV 2 and TV 4. All of these are run into an On Q, box in the closet, so all I need is what to hook these two cables to.

it is explained right in my diagram the tv2 line is the home distribution on the reciever hook everything up exactly how it is in the diagram and it will work. I am a dns tech for 5 years I work directly for dish network and I do it all the time.

your on Q box is where the stuff on the right side of my diagram goes.

hook the not labeled line in my diagram from the splitter to tv2 and the in/out to the receiver repeat for both receivers. you may need to add a splitter off the ota to run to both receivers.

Attachments

• Diplexer diagram.jpg
    Diplexer diagram.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 336
Wedgiem, thanks, looking at your diagram, and mine, what I need to do then, is install a splitter BACKWARDS, between the OTA splitter and the Diplexor, and connect the cable to the TV2 to the other "out". I will try that when I get home. My 8 yr old son will be happy. he has been without tv in his room for 3 days, and as a matter of fact, tomorow will be his last day of school, so we will need his TV up and going.

Thanks all for your assistance. I will put a diagram away in a safe spot, if this ever occurs again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)