Unexplained Equipment and diagram

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Edwin95

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 17, 2019
Los Angeles
I have unexplained equipment and diagram for three separate connected f81 connectors. Each f81 connector is connected to single receiver to single switch connected two Satellite dishes and these f81 connectors are going towards near a single drilled hole when theres 3 drilled holes next to each other located on the very bottom corner wall facing the side of the house located inside the house. The installer got shocked after connecting these 3 f81 connectors from touching rg6 connector connected to f81. The type of floor I have is carpet but the installer didn't want to blame the carpet because the electricity came from rear of the rg6 connector screw. Can anyone tell me the equipment definition of this f81 connector installation because the installer also made sure it was grounded properly. The installer also said it's not an f81 connector nor a splice nor rg6 connector connected to this but the rg6 and f81 looked the same like the visual of mealworm and superworm. Not sure if it was an amplifier that looks like a f81 connector and rg6 connector that contains electrical material. I dont have the visual because this installation was on August 30 2002 L-o-s A-n-g-e-l-e-s came from a dish Network retailer in C-A-R-S-O-N but dissolved in 2004. There were two dish Network installers that came to my home but didn't know their names because they have to write their boss name on paperwork. However there wasn't any signal problems for 5 years! but someone can get hurt if they disconnect it which it did from a DirecTV installer replacing it with DirecTV approved rg6 cable when switched to DirecTV I had signal problems so I decided to switch to dish Network again with same wiring Equipment but safer. I need to know what type of equipment is this if anyone knows. Also what wiring diagram is this?

Last edited:
Each f81 connector is connected to single receiver and going towards a single drilled hole when theres 3 drilled holes next to each other located on the very bottom corner indoor wall facing the windows side.
Those are just barrel connectors apparently (mounted?) in a wall. (I don't understand why this is an interior wall.) If each went to a Dish receiver before, then they will probably all be connected to a Dish LNB. If your installer got shocked by one of the coax cables, then there must be a power injector somewhere.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Those are just barrel connectors apparently (mounted?) in a wall. (I don't understand why this is an interior wall.) If each went to a Dish receiver before, then they will probably all be connected to a Dish LNB. If your installer got shocked by one of the coax cables, then there must be a power injector somewhere.
Sorry I meant inside the house not inside the wall

Reactions: charlesrshell